- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Some benevolent police officers agreed to her wish.
You’ll never really know what your dying wish is until you are truly confronted with your own mortality.
Sure, you may think it’s swimming with the dolphins, or jet skiing with the dolphins, or space traveling with the dolphins; but when the diagnosis finally hits, it will wind up being something entirely different.
Which is all to say we can’t judge anyone’s last requests.
Except for this teen in Ohio, because her last request was awesome. She wanted to tase a cop.
Alyssa Elkins of Newark was recently given four months to live after her leukemia, which had been in remission, returned. She made a list of things to do, one of which was tase someone.
Rad, I think we can all agree. Who wouldn’t want to tase someone?
After hearing about the list, members of the Newark Division of Police volunteered to train Alyssa on proper Taser use and, this weekend, she got to tase Sgt. Doug Bline.
Look at him. He takes it like a champ.
Next on Alyssa’s bucket list, per a relative on Twitter?
Visit Cedar Point.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]