- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
This Target manager delivered the most motivational speech you’ve ever heard
We’d work for this guy—even on Black Friday.
While deal-seekers look forward to Black Friday every year, retail employees absolutely dread it. After all, during elongated work shifts, they’re forced to deal with customers who are even more angry and demanding than usual.
One Target manager, however, decided on a method that would ease the nerves of his staff (either that, or he’s just clinically insane). In a rousing tirade that evokes images of ancient Sparta—if ancient Sparta had Target stores—he riles his red-shirted troops with phrases like “They come here with bargains in their heads and fire in their eyes” and, naturally, “THIS. IS. TARGET!”
“This is awesome. I hope this guy gets a promotion,” redditor raversspesh said.
Other redditors naturally shared their own Black Friday horror stories from the bowels of the retail industry, while others wondered if this was yet another viral marketing ploy by the company, similar to “Alex From Target.”
Hopefully we will see this guy resurface on the last Saturday before Christmas.
Image via Warner Bros | Remix by Jason Reed
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.