- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
This Target manager delivered the most motivational speech you’ve ever heard
We’d work for this guy—even on Black Friday.
While deal-seekers look forward to Black Friday every year, retail employees absolutely dread it. After all, during elongated work shifts, they’re forced to deal with customers who are even more angry and demanding than usual.
One Target manager, however, decided on a method that would ease the nerves of his staff (either that, or he’s just clinically insane). In a rousing tirade that evokes images of ancient Sparta—if ancient Sparta had Target stores—he riles his red-shirted troops with phrases like “They come here with bargains in their heads and fire in their eyes” and, naturally, “THIS. IS. TARGET!”
“This is awesome. I hope this guy gets a promotion,” redditor raversspesh said.
Other redditors naturally shared their own Black Friday horror stories from the bowels of the retail industry, while others wondered if this was yet another viral marketing ploy by the company, similar to “Alex From Target.”
Hopefully we will see this guy resurface on the last Saturday before Christmas.
Image via Warner Bros | Remix by Jason Reed
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.