- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
How a Vine rebirth gave the ‘Bad Girls Club’ meme the remixes it always needed
I didn’t get no f*cking sleep ’cause of y’all, ya’ll not gonna get no sleep ’cause of me.”
Even if you don’t know Tanisha Thomas from Oxygen’s Bad Girls Club, you surely know her work. Her famous tirade from 2008’s season two, in which she laments, “I didn’t get no fucking sleep ’cause of ya’ll, ya’ll not gonna get no sleep ’cause of me,” has been endlessly posted and remixed, and is now a pillar of Web culture.
Tanisha as a meme and cultural relic already had a big presence on Tumblr, but recently people have started remixing her iconic freakout with music, proving her expert percussion skills.
Even sped up she sounds amazing. Watch as she takes on Nicki’s “Starships.”
You can also watch this master compilation video of all of the Tanisha remixes:
Tanisha may have given those girls a rude awakening, but we’d gladly have these mashups as our alarm clocks.
Photo via Bad Girls Club/Facebook
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.