- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
After being roasted for allegedly being rude at her meet-and-greets, fans are now joking about Summer Walker’s appearance at BET’s Soul Train Awards–specifically a photo of Walker that has since been turned into a meme.
Fans took a picture of Walker standing awkwardly on the red carpet and are Photoshopping her into other situations.
“You don’t wat smoke. We pull up in TANKS!” Twitter user @welldamn wrote, along with an edited version of the photo, featuring Walker, who is standing in a plank-like position, as a service member in the U.S. Navy.
You don’t want smoke. We pull up in TANKS! pic.twitter.com/Vj2uWXF9zP— Welliam Damnington (@welIdamn) November 19, 2019
Quick ANDYS COMING❗️🏃🏽🗣— 𝓚𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮𝔂 ღ (@macjefepimp) November 19, 2019
Summer Walker: pic.twitter.com/8Z1bkVWpHI
I’m sorry but these summer walker edits are KILLING me 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/8EgqNokTax— ✨ (@jaydahurtado) November 19, 2019
Another Photoshopped Walker to make it look as if she was a character in Grand Theft Auto.
“Hiding from the 12 on GTA,” Twitter user @lilsavage815 wrote.
Walker responded to the memes–taking it all in stride–by posting a few fan-made ones on her Instagram account.
“I’m really tired of this,” she wrote, along with a crying laughing emoji.
She also responded on Twitter to a fan’s meme of her reimagined as a rocket.
“These damn memes,” she wrote, along with a series of crying laughing emojis.
😂😂😂 these damn memes https://t.co/qTxs9ut7sA— SUMMER WALKER (@IAMSUMMERWALKER) November 22, 2019
Walker is very open about having social anxiety and being an introvert. She even addressed her appearance at the Soul Train Awards.
In an Instagram post, Walker wrote that she was proud of herself for attending the award show, despite how nervous she felt.
“I wasn’t even gonna go today cause I was to scared, I was literally asking @lvrngram to just get me a wrist band so I could sit in the back alone in my reg deg clothes. When I got there I doged the red carpet and tried to get escorted through the back, finally getting to my seat I had to keep sneaking to pat my underarms from sweating, for no reason other than people were looking at me, I kept my arms folded and tried not to be seen,” she wrote.
Walker ended up winning Best New Artist at the show, and she had to go on stage and make a speech when collecting her award.
“By the time my name was called I couldn’t get a speech out like everyone one else from being so nervous & was shaking BUT I pushed through my #socialanxiety today and I’m really glad I did ..cause the soul train experience is something any true music lover will never forget,” she wrote.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.