- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
After being roasted for allegedly being rude at her meet-and-greets, fans are now joking about Summer Walker’s appearance at BET’s Soul Train Awards–specifically a photo of Walker that has since been turned into a meme.
Fans took a picture of Walker standing awkwardly on the red carpet and are Photoshopping her into other situations.
“You don’t wat smoke. We pull up in TANKS!” Twitter user @welldamn wrote, along with an edited version of the photo, featuring Walker, who is standing in a plank-like position, as a service member in the U.S. Navy.
You don’t want smoke. We pull up in TANKS! pic.twitter.com/Vj2uWXF9zP— Welliam Damnington (@welIdamn) November 19, 2019
Quick ANDYS COMING❗️🏃🏽🗣— 𝓚𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮𝔂 ღ (@macjefepimp) November 19, 2019
Summer Walker: pic.twitter.com/8Z1bkVWpHI
I’m sorry but these summer walker edits are KILLING me 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/8EgqNokTax— ✨ (@jaydahurtado) November 19, 2019
Another Photoshopped Walker to make it look as if she was a character in Grand Theft Auto.
“Hiding from the 12 on GTA,” Twitter user @lilsavage815 wrote.
Walker responded to the memes–taking it all in stride–by posting a few fan-made ones on her Instagram account.
“I’m really tired of this,” she wrote, along with a crying laughing emoji.
She also responded on Twitter to a fan’s meme of her reimagined as a rocket.
“These damn memes,” she wrote, along with a series of crying laughing emojis.
😂😂😂 these damn memes https://t.co/qTxs9ut7sA— SUMMER WALKER (@IAMSUMMERWALKER) November 22, 2019
Walker is very open about having social anxiety and being an introvert. She even addressed her appearance at the Soul Train Awards.
In an Instagram post, Walker wrote that she was proud of herself for attending the award show, despite how nervous she felt.
“I wasn’t even gonna go today cause I was to scared, I was literally asking @lvrngram to just get me a wrist band so I could sit in the back alone in my reg deg clothes. When I got there I doged the red carpet and tried to get escorted through the back, finally getting to my seat I had to keep sneaking to pat my underarms from sweating, for no reason other than people were looking at me, I kept my arms folded and tried not to be seen,” she wrote.
Walker ended up winning Best New Artist at the show, and she had to go on stage and make a speech when collecting her award.
“By the time my name was called I couldn’t get a speech out like everyone one else from being so nervous & was shaking BUT I pushed through my #socialanxiety today and I’m really glad I did ..cause the soul train experience is something any true music lover will never forget,” she wrote.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.