- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
When a thief came into this woman’s store and held her at gunpoint, she did everything right. She stayed calm, handed over the money, pressed her police panic button, and even managed to stall the robber by asking if he wanted her to double bag his bag of money and cigarettes.
The crime took place last Thursday in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the thief was arrested just a few minutes later. Not content with just bringing him to justice, the store clerk then went over the CCTV footage and gave it a sarcastic play-by-play commentary track, making fun of the thief. It wasn’t meant to see the light of day, but her sister decided it was too funny not to post online.
At the time, this robbery was probably terrifying. But when you hear her making fun of the robber for lingering in the store for so long, it’s pretty hilarious. “Do you want me to double bag that?”
How stupid was this thief? Stupid enough to hang around at the scene of the crime for four minutes, allow someone to take down his license plate number, and then get caught by police in a car wash five minutes later. Incredible.
Photo via Tobias “ToMar” Maier/Wikimedia (CC BY 3.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor