- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 5 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 5 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 5 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
When a thief came into this woman’s store and held her at gunpoint, she did everything right. She stayed calm, handed over the money, pressed her police panic button, and even managed to stall the robber by asking if he wanted her to double bag his bag of money and cigarettes.
The crime took place last Thursday in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the thief was arrested just a few minutes later. Not content with just bringing him to justice, the store clerk then went over the CCTV footage and gave it a sarcastic play-by-play commentary track, making fun of the thief. It wasn’t meant to see the light of day, but her sister decided it was too funny not to post online.
At the time, this robbery was probably terrifying. But when you hear her making fun of the robber for lingering in the store for so long, it’s pretty hilarious. “Do you want me to double bag that?”
How stupid was this thief? Stupid enough to hang around at the scene of the crime for four minutes, allow someone to take down his license plate number, and then get caught by police in a car wash five minutes later. Incredible.
Photo via Tobias “ToMar” Maier/Wikimedia (CC BY 3.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor