- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Friday 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Friday 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Friday 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Friday 9:19 AM
23 stock photos we can’t even begin to explain
We dare you to find a use for these.
But in their rush to provide us with ever more diverse and niche images to fill our every need, sometimes stock photographers miss their mark. That’s when they give us stuff like a woman trying to kill a goldfish with a handgun:
An Imgur user who goes by the charming moniker “DragonDildoChandelier” has created a gallery called “Stock photos that never should have existed,” and it containins some of the best examples of these baffling works of art.
Like these people who seem super into a sandal:
Or this lady who seems super into a piece of bread:
Or this guy who seems super into a watermelon:
Or this guy who is a watermelon:
Or this guy who’s super into… Christmas?
And how often have you been writing a blog post and found yourself frustrated because you couldn’t find the perfect image of child committing suicide with a rope of hot dogs? Well, put down those drawing pencils—today is your lucky day.
Scrolling through these images, you can’t help but be confused about what the photographers wanted to accomplish. I mean sure, you won’t be as confused as this guy is by this chicken:
Or as confused as anyone would be by this chicken:
But it’s perplexing nonetheless. Check out the entire gallery below:
Photo via Imgur
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.