- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 3 Years Ago
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Wednesday 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Wednesday 1:16 PM
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text Wednesday 1:01 PM
- 8 essentials every grad needs to succeed as an adult Wednesday 1:00 PM
- Makeup artist shows you how to become Kylie Jenner’s baby Wednesday 12:54 PM
- People are more concerned with this woman’s age than her being a school shooting threat Wednesday 12:14 PM
- Why are conservatives so obsessed with cargo shorts? Wednesday 11:46 AM
- How to transfer your Nintendo Switch save data Wednesday 11:45 AM
How can we decide between Pizza Rats and Bridge Trolls?
The team received over 2,000 suggestions and have now narrowed it down to a final five, three of which are so goddamn fantastic that it’s going to be hard to choose (you can decide for yourself which three).
Here are the options, with explanations provided by the team’s website:
- Staten Island Bridge Trolls – Bridge Trolls commemorates the iconic bridges that connect Staten Island, while embracing the kind of wacky names Minor League Baseball is known for.
- Staten Island Heroes – The Heroes honors the civil servants and military personnel of Staten Island and New York who work tirelessly to uphold our American values.
- Staten Island Killer Bees – Killer Bees pays tribute to Staten Island’s musical and cultural impact. Fans will be “buzzing” over our bee-themed promotions!
- Staten Island Pizza Rats – Like Staten Islanders and New Yorkers, these natives are tenacious, enterprising and know where to find the best food in the city.
- Staten Island Rock Pigeons – Another animal synonymous with the city, the Rock Pigeons celebrates Staten Island – known by locals as “The Rock.”
Right now Pizza Rats seem to be the club favorite.
Dear sweet god, please let that be the actual uniform.
Not to sound like a cynic, but this might very well be your only chance to name a baseball team after a Wu-Tang Clan song.
H/T CBS Sports
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.