- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe 3 Years Ago
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction 3 Years Ago
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
- You can now perform Marvel plays with your school theater group Today 6:54 AM
- Trans/Sex: Strap-ons for trans women, inclusive porn games, and online dating Today 6:30 AM
- Why UFC 239 may be the PPV event of the year Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
How can we decide between Pizza Rats and Bridge Trolls?
The team received over 2,000 suggestions and have now narrowed it down to a final five, three of which are so goddamn fantastic that it’s going to be hard to choose (you can decide for yourself which three).
Here are the options, with explanations provided by the team’s website:
- Staten Island Bridge Trolls – Bridge Trolls commemorates the iconic bridges that connect Staten Island, while embracing the kind of wacky names Minor League Baseball is known for.
- Staten Island Heroes – The Heroes honors the civil servants and military personnel of Staten Island and New York who work tirelessly to uphold our American values.
- Staten Island Killer Bees – Killer Bees pays tribute to Staten Island’s musical and cultural impact. Fans will be “buzzing” over our bee-themed promotions!
- Staten Island Pizza Rats – Like Staten Islanders and New Yorkers, these natives are tenacious, enterprising and know where to find the best food in the city.
- Staten Island Rock Pigeons – Another animal synonymous with the city, the Rock Pigeons celebrates Staten Island – known by locals as “The Rock.”
Right now Pizza Rats seem to be the club favorite.
Dear sweet god, please let that be the actual uniform.
Not to sound like a cynic, but this might very well be your only chance to name a baseball team after a Wu-Tang Clan song.
H/T CBS Sports
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.