- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet 7 Years Ago
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ 7 Years Ago
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate 7 Years Ago
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
YouTube Guide: Can you imagine a world without the Internet?
“The Fresh Pup of Bel Air,” “Star Wars vs. Jurassic Park,” and the “official trailer” for “Life of Pi 2” kick off our YouTube guide.
With more than 72 hours of footage uploaded every minute, it’s physically impossible to keep track of the content on YouTube. In YouTube Guide, the Daily Dot will curate its five favorite finds for each workday.
1) The Pet Collective, “Fresh Pup of Bel Air”
This story’s about how one pup’s life got turned upside down, but it has a happy ending. He wasn’t challenged to a fight in West Philadelphia, but the Fresh Pup of Bel Air managed to find a loving family after a life at the kennel.
2) Slacktory, “Star Wars vs. Jurassic Park”
The Rebel Alliance probably thought that Endor was just a peaceful planet, but that was before they were introduced to Jurassic Park and they were under attack by the Galactic Empire and the Walkers. At least the Ewoks seem friendly.
3) UPROXX, “A World Without the Internet”
One web surfer gets the It’s a Wonderful Life treatment after he wishes that the Internet never existed and finds out that he’s a successful and fit businessman with social skills and a girl. While it looks better from the outside, he reaches the breaking point when he can’t Google to win an argument.
4) Clara Darko, “Running Supercut Redux”
One day everyone started running. Some have a destination in mind or people to catch up to, some are running away from something out to get them, and some (like Forrest Gump) just felt like running.
5) Future Space Cadets, “Life of Pi 2—Official Trailer”
The sequel to the award winning Life of Pi wants you to journey to a world, but without VFX, you won’t have any idea how it actually looks. Or what exactly is that creature the protagonist encounters. Or anything in the movie aside from a boat.
Photo via ThePetCollective/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.