- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator 4 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free 4 Years Ago
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
If playground equipment is boarded off, there’s a very good reason.
It’s not uncommon for folks in their 20s and 30s to go to playgrounds in order to (pathetically) relive their younger days. One group of guys did just this and happened to come across a sliding board that had been closed off.
Deciding that a cordoned-off staircase wasn’t a good enough reason to render the slide dormant, one of the guys decided to carefully climb to the top of the uniquely designed double sliding board anyway. He sat down, took off, and quickly made a sworn enemy with the laws of physics.
“I wonder how many children left this place with crooked backs before the adults realized it was a terrible idea and shut this down,” redditor BigFatNutsack wrote.
Hopefully this guy does not make any sudden movements toward the rusty old swingset in the other corner of the playground.
Image via Mike/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.