- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
The most dangerous playground slide in the world
If playground equipment is boarded off, there’s a very good reason.
It’s not uncommon for folks in their 20s and 30s to go to playgrounds in order to (pathetically) relive their younger days. One group of guys did just this and happened to come across a sliding board that had been closed off.
Deciding that a cordoned-off staircase wasn’t a good enough reason to render the slide dormant, one of the guys decided to carefully climb to the top of the uniquely designed double sliding board anyway. He sat down, took off, and quickly made a sworn enemy with the laws of physics.
“I wonder how many children left this place with crooked backs before the adults realized it was a terrible idea and shut this down,” redditor BigFatNutsack wrote.
Hopefully this guy does not make any sudden movements toward the rusty old swingset in the other corner of the playground.
Image via Mike/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.