- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Monday 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Monday 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Monday 7:59 AM
Do you ever feel irrationally anxious about events beyond your control? If so, here’s another one to add to the list: cataclysmic sinkholes.
This video from Bangladesh is brief but shocking. A sinkhole opened up beside a beachfront house, and while the police still had time to rope off the area and keep people from going back inside, the building disappeared into the sinkhole astonishingly fast.
One second, the house is there. Then next, it’s just…gone.
Photo via Rob Melendez/Wikimedia (PD)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor