- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go 3 Years Ago
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
Sinkhole swallows a house in Bangladesh with unbelievable, terrifying speed
This giant sinkhole is the stuff of nightmares.
Do you ever feel irrationally anxious about events beyond your control? If so, here’s another one to add to the list: cataclysmic sinkholes.
This video from Bangladesh is brief but shocking. A sinkhole opened up beside a beachfront house, and while the police still had time to rope off the area and keep people from going back inside, the building disappeared into the sinkhole astonishingly fast.
One second, the house is there. Then next, it’s just…gone.
Photo via Rob Melendez/Wikimedia (PD)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.