- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better 3 Years Ago
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Wednesday 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Wednesday 1:16 PM
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text Wednesday 1:01 PM
- 8 essentials every grad needs to succeed as an adult Wednesday 1:00 PM
Sinkhole swallows a house in Bangladesh with unbelievable, terrifying speed
This giant sinkhole is the stuff of nightmares.
Do you ever feel irrationally anxious about events beyond your control? If so, here’s another one to add to the list: cataclysmic sinkholes.
This video from Bangladesh is brief but shocking. A sinkhole opened up beside a beachfront house, and while the police still had time to rope off the area and keep people from going back inside, the building disappeared into the sinkhole astonishingly fast.
One second, the house is there. Then next, it’s just…gone.
Photo via Rob Melendez/Wikimedia (PD)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.