- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? 3 Years Ago
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far 3 Years Ago
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Today 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Today 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Today 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Today 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Today 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
It’s always awkward looking back at your senior portraits. Chances are you posed leaning up against a tree. If you lettered in a sport or in band, your varsity jacket is assuredly tossed over your shoulder in at least one of the photos, your instrument or ball of choice in your other hand.
You’re either rocking the same haircut you do right now and are embarrassed at how much younger you look or you can’t believe you styled your hair that way to begin with. You think to yourself, My parents made me do this.
But at least you don’t have a giant dick in the background.
That’s what Alexis Boatfield, a 19-year-old student at Bowling Green State University, discovered Sunday night when she was taking a lonely trip down memory lane with her boyfriend.
“This picture was all over Facebook a year ago,” she told BuzzFeed News. Apparently, no one looked very closely at the image.
As shocking as the discovery might seem, Boatfield is hardly alone.
Well, that was awkward
Austin Powell is the former managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.