- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
As the photo of Harmon staring into his burger spread online earlier this month and grandkids Kelsey and Brock Harmon updated a captive audience, many expressed a wish to eat a burger with Papaw. A few days after he went viral, Papaw decided to invite everyone out to eat some of his burgers with him at a special cookout in Purcell, Oklahoma. Burgers cost $2 and they made shirts for the occasion, and the proceeds would go towards paying Kelsey and Brock’s college tuition, putting money away for the other grandchildren, and to charity.
The Harmons were prepared for big crowd, ordering more than 2,000 burgers for the occasion. The Internet didn’t disappoint and came out for the occasion. Papaw finally had the audience he deserved.
Update: papaw lives in the middle of nowhere
— Jeri Sasser (@JeriSasser) March 26, 2016
Some people drove several hours to eat one of Harmon’s burgers, where some waited in line for 45 minutes to take a photo with him.
A photo posted by mary_frances88 (@mary_frances88) on
A photo posted by Lindsey Vorse (@linseeka) on
A burger made with grandfatherly love? You can’t beat that.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.