- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Bizarro hip hop star Riff Raff will take you to prom for only $28,000
Make it a night to remember.
Let’s face it: Thanks to all the cultural build-up surrounding the event, prom is usually a pretty big letdown.
Sure, you get to dress up in a rented tuxedo or a hideous (in retrospect) dress, but prom still consists of simply hanging out in a room with everyone from your algebra class while your physics teacher stands by the door giving the evil eye to anyone who looks like they’re legitimately having fun.
How do you spice things up? Do you spike the punch bowl with rum stolen from your parents’ liquor cabinet? Do you murder all of your tormentors with your uncontrollable psychic powers? Nothing so crass. All you need to do is show up with absurdist hip-hop star Riff Raff on your arm.
The heavily tattooed white Houston rapper with the razor-sharp grill recently posted a once-in-a-lifetime offer on his Instagram. For the low, low price of just $28,000, Riff Raff will accompany you to your high-school prom, with all the accoutrements necessary to go out on a date with the self-described “rap game Bon Jovi.”
A photo posted by RiFF RaFF JODY HiGHROLLER (@jodyhighroller) on
Even though the rapper is 32 years old, the date won’t be creepy, because anyone taking advantage of the Riff Raff escort service has to be at least 18 years old to be eligible in the first place. See, not creepy at all.
If the name Riff Raff doesn’t ring a bell, think of the character that James Franco played in Spring Breakers. That role was largely modeled off of Riff Raff’s real-life persona. Seriously, prom is going to be great.
In case the whole professional-prom-date thing doesn’t pan out, Riff Raff is working on another back-up career. TMZ reports that the rapper is training with wrestling legend Hulk Hogan to become a professional wrestler in the WWE.
As he said in the song “Versace Python”: “When I wake up, it’s a mystery/ Every time I open my mouth, history.”
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.