- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
This is about as bad as cat ownership gets.
Some guys get all the luck. Others get whatever’s left over.
Redditor beholdthemastadon falls into the latter category. He was having a truly crappy weekend: A GI infection coupled with the fact that he was fired from his job meant that he had to salvage what little he could of the weekend from hell.
“I was sitting on my couch, playing with the cat after having successfully blasted myself with as much THC as possible. We have one of those long wands with a feather and string attached to the end: needless to say, the cat goes ape-shit over this thing. I prop my feet up on the coffee table and am watching this little guy chase after this feather with everything he’s got. It’s great, and actually taking my mind off of things.”
When the cat eventually tired of the toy—or so beholdthemastadon thought—he lost himself in his weed-fueled thoughts. Unfortunately, he became a little too lost.
“….this fucking cat of mine lunges at this feather on the ground. Now, I’ve had time to completely forget that I’m playing with the cat, so it scares the living shit out of me. Next begins the most unfortunate game of dominoes I’ll likely ever experience: My foot shoots out and hits a Gatorade bottle that clatters to the floor, startling the cat, who then jumps on the table and knocks off my bottle of scotch, sending it shattering on the floor. This scares me as I jump up, knocking my shin into the table and sending me tumbling forward. I manage to fall into our TV stand, pulling my PS2 to the floor.
I finally managed to right myself and hobble around, trying to dull the aching pain in my hands and knees, when…
It strikes me… this strange sensation.
I’ve managed to shit myself. Awesome.“
No, it sadly is not in Morgan Freeman’s voice.
Hopefully, the upcoming weekend will be a lot less hellish—and messy— for beholdthemastadon. And his cat.
Image via jon_a_ross/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.