- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
This is about as bad as cat ownership gets.
Some guys get all the luck. Others get whatever’s left over.
Redditor beholdthemastadon falls into the latter category. He was having a truly crappy weekend: A GI infection coupled with the fact that he was fired from his job meant that he had to salvage what little he could of the weekend from hell.
“I was sitting on my couch, playing with the cat after having successfully blasted myself with as much THC as possible. We have one of those long wands with a feather and string attached to the end: needless to say, the cat goes ape-shit over this thing. I prop my feet up on the coffee table and am watching this little guy chase after this feather with everything he’s got. It’s great, and actually taking my mind off of things.”
When the cat eventually tired of the toy—or so beholdthemastadon thought—he lost himself in his weed-fueled thoughts. Unfortunately, he became a little too lost.
“….this fucking cat of mine lunges at this feather on the ground. Now, I’ve had time to completely forget that I’m playing with the cat, so it scares the living shit out of me. Next begins the most unfortunate game of dominoes I’ll likely ever experience: My foot shoots out and hits a Gatorade bottle that clatters to the floor, startling the cat, who then jumps on the table and knocks off my bottle of scotch, sending it shattering on the floor. This scares me as I jump up, knocking my shin into the table and sending me tumbling forward. I manage to fall into our TV stand, pulling my PS2 to the floor.
I finally managed to right myself and hobble around, trying to dull the aching pain in my hands and knees, when…
It strikes me… this strange sensation.
I’ve managed to shit myself. Awesome.“
No, it sadly is not in Morgan Freeman’s voice.
Hopefully, the upcoming weekend will be a lot less hellish—and messy— for beholdthemastadon. And his cat.
Image via jon_a_ross/Flickr (CC BY-ND 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.