- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
The most WTF scenes captured on Google Street View
From Detroit and Tennessee to Norway and France, these six screengrabs will have you worried about your neighbors in no time.
Have you ever been out for a drive, casually glanced out the window, and immediately saw something that triggered your WTF reflex? If so, did you happen to be driving the Google Maps car?
A July 11 Reddit thread aimed to collect the best WTF sights that appear—or used to appear—on Google Street View. From naked people to spooky glitches, it looks like there is certainly no shortage of oddities on the world’s roadways.
First consider this “naked dude in the trunk with almost an entire dog.”
Photo via tinyalley/Reddit
“Here’s some Detroit street toughs pointing a gun at the google car at the same house where they found a dead baby.”
Photo via SourCreamWater/Reddit
Over in France, “look for the guy on the balcony with the bike.”
Photo via karma_companion/Reddit
Says one user, “These Norwegian scuba divers. I don’t even.”
Photo via klomp123/Reddit
And, of course, a Tennessee man stalking behind a bear with a baseball bat: “most memorable for me,” says ohweoh.
Photo via ohweoh/Reddit
“This entire town is glitch-y or something,” he said.
Photos via Reddit | Main art Paul McCann/Flickr
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.