- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
Taylor Swift Pinterest page is actually a bunch of Hitler quotes
Who knew we would see the day when Pinterest, Taylor Swift, and Hitler finally intersect?
Notice anything weird about these Taylor Swift pics?
No? How about this one?
Taylor Swift didn’t say any of that.
A Pinterest user named Emily Pattinson has been pinning photos of Taylor Swift to a board called Real Taylor Swift Quotes, and overlaying the photos with inspirational quotes and hashtags like #bedifferent, #teenlife, and #relatablequote.
One thing, though: The quotes are actually from Adolf Hitler.
The board’s not new, but it is very tongue-in-cheek. Pattinson’s avatar is a character from Duck Dynasty, and there’s a link to Mitt Romney’s website below it. According to her Twitter account, which seems to have blown up in the last 24 hours, getting a reaction from Swift might be the goal:
The only good that could come out of this would be if Taylor Swift acknowledges it and it pisses her off
— Señorita Ratchet (@poopcutie) August 30, 2013
One post currently has 280 repins, though it’s likely some repinners didn’t get the joke. Who knew we would see the day when Pinterest, Taylor Swift, and Hitler finally intersect?
Look out for a Pinterest page of Taylor Swift lyrics on photos of Hitler. Update: They’re already happening, thanks to Reddit:
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.