- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
Before Donald Trump was a reality television star or upstart presidential candidate, he was famous just for being rich and talking about it a lot. And as a rich, outspoken dude, he had his picture taken… a lot.
There’s a whole subreddit devoted to Trump’s runaway presidential campaign, and while it’s mostly better left unread, it has unearthed some amazing images of the controversial firebrand. In particular, a recent thread calling for posts of “Rare Donalds“—an allusion to Rare Pepes, the most obscure and sought-after iterations of the Pepe the frog meme—has really delivered the goods.
Of course, this being Reddit, there are more overt hijinks going on as well.
Also, he does seem to really love volleyball.
Vintage photos like this are always good for a laugh, especially when they feature someone as goofy as Donald Trump, although what would be really hilarious is if that guy somehow got access to the world’s most powerful military and nuclear arsenal. I mean, can you imagine?
Editor’s note: Portions of this article were edited for clarity.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.