- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Watch a man rescue a rabbit from the raging Los Angeles wildfires
He’s the hero we needed today.
Look at this big, sweet guy, spotted by the side of Highway 1, rescuing a rabbit from the wildfires raging near Los Angeles:
Witnesses saw this man pull over and rescue a rabbit from the LA wildfires. pic.twitter.com/v9EYpcmK9M
— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 7, 2017
At first, he doesn’t know what to do, and it looks like the rabbit might be scared enough to run back into the burning brush. The man is throwing up his hands and jumping up and down out of concern and fear for the little animal. But a second later, he’s able to calm down and lure the bunny into his arms. A happy ending!
Now the footage has gone viral, and the selfless rabbit rescuer is being hailed as a hero, credited with “restoring our faith in humanity.”
Four major fires, including the Thomas Fire near Los Angeles, have forced hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate. Schools in L.A. have been closed as the Santa Ana winds threaten to push the wildfires toward the city. In the face of that kind of devastation, it’s comforting to know that at least this one little rabbit is going to be okay.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.