- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 2 Years Ago
- TikTok is being used to call out predators 2 Years Ago
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding 2 Years Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Today 11:47 AM
- In ‘Wild Rose,’ a star is born Today 11:39 AM
- The Sinking City realizes Lovecraftian horror in a new light Today 11:16 AM
- The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ re-release sounds pretty underwhelming Today 11:10 AM
- Google employees won’t be allowed to speak out against YouTube during Pride Today 10:43 AM
- YouTuber Etika found dead, NYPD confirms Today 10:39 AM
- Andrew Yang is holding a universal basic income giveaway Today 10:38 AM
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder Today 10:19 AM
- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe Today 8:49 AM
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction Today 8:46 AM
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
Watch a man rescue a rabbit from the raging Los Angeles wildfires
He’s the hero we needed today.
Look at this big, sweet guy, spotted by the side of Highway 1, rescuing a rabbit from the wildfires raging near Los Angeles:
Witnesses saw this man pull over and rescue a rabbit from the LA wildfires. pic.twitter.com/v9EYpcmK9M
— NBC News (@NBCNews) December 7, 2017
At first, he doesn’t know what to do, and it looks like the rabbit might be scared enough to run back into the burning brush. The man is throwing up his hands and jumping up and down out of concern and fear for the little animal. But a second later, he’s able to calm down and lure the bunny into his arms. A happy ending!
Now the footage has gone viral, and the selfless rabbit rescuer is being hailed as a hero, credited with “restoring our faith in humanity.”
Four major fires, including the Thomas Fire near Los Angeles, have forced hundreds of thousands of people to evacuate. Schools in L.A. have been closed as the Santa Ana winds threaten to push the wildfires toward the city. In the face of that kind of devastation, it’s comforting to know that at least this one little rabbit is going to be okay.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.