- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked 3 Years Ago
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV 3 Years Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
This f**ked-up PokéRap is a million times better than the original
‘Zoobooks, Primus, Mraz, Rocks! Nudedude, Zackattack, Macklemore, Kpax!’
With the advent of Pokémon Go, ’90s kids have rekindled their nostalgia for classic Pokémon games and the cheesy cartoon series. And part of that is, of course, the music. Remember the original PokéRap? Sure you do!
Waaaaait, what the hell? Nickelback? Mancave? Gaslight? The penny drops: This is not the original PokéRap. It’s something much, much, much better.
Neil Cicierega (the genius behind the webseries Potter Puppet Pals; the insane Mouth Sounds mixtapes; and the best video on the entire internet, BRODYQUEST) has renamed all of the Pokémon after contemporary terrors like Teddycruz, Trumpy, Seinfeld, Porndad, Tortreform, Arby’s and Chamillonaire. Gotta catch ’em, all, I guess.
It’s a beautiful, twisted piece of art that couldn’t be timed better.
Looks like it’s time to start renaming all your Pokémon:
Best of luck to all the little kids on Red Team in their attempt to reclaim the local gym from a lineup of Slamshame, Wickerman, and Markymark.
What? Like the original names were any better?
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.