- Anti-reparations speaker has a SoundCloud album called ‘My D*ck Works Fine!’ 3 Years Ago
- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can 3 Years Ago
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Today 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Today 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Today 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Today 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Today 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
This f**ked-up PokéRap is a million times better than the original
‘Zoobooks, Primus, Mraz, Rocks! Nudedude, Zackattack, Macklemore, Kpax!’
With the advent of Pokémon Go, ’90s kids have rekindled their nostalgia for classic Pokémon games and the cheesy cartoon series. And part of that is, of course, the music. Remember the original PokéRap? Sure you do!
Waaaaait, what the hell? Nickelback? Mancave? Gaslight? The penny drops: This is not the original PokéRap. It’s something much, much, much better.
Neil Cicierega (the genius behind the webseries Potter Puppet Pals; the insane Mouth Sounds mixtapes; and the best video on the entire internet, BRODYQUEST) has renamed all of the Pokémon after contemporary terrors like Teddycruz, Trumpy, Seinfeld, Porndad, Tortreform, Arby’s and Chamillonaire. Gotta catch ’em, all, I guess.
It’s a beautiful, twisted piece of art that couldn’t be timed better.
Looks like it’s time to start renaming all your Pokémon:
Best of luck to all the little kids on Red Team in their attempt to reclaim the local gym from a lineup of Slamshame, Wickerman, and Markymark.
What? Like the original names were any better?
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.