- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
Earlier this week, the internet was captivated when an actress named Rosey Blair documented an in-flight romance for the ages. Blair had asked an attractive young woman to swap seats with her so she could sit next to her boyfriend one row back, and then joked that the fair lady would perhaps find true love with whoever her new seatmate turned out to be.
Moments later an equally attractive young man made his way back and the two immediately connected over a mutual love of fitness. They even shared a cheese plate and made a suspiciously timed trip to the plane’s lavatory.
Soon after Blair’s Twitter thread went viral, the gentleman himself—who earned himself the nickname #PlaneBae on Twitter—outed himself as retired pro soccer player and fitness model Euan Holden. “Hilarious… Knew you were taking pictures,” Holden wrote on Twitter Tuesday night, retweeting Blair’s original thread.
Hilarious... Knew you were taking pictures 😂 https://t.co/dTuFA8RI1O— Euan Holden (@EuanHolden) July 4, 2018
He also responded to one curious fan who wanted to know what went down in the bathroom:
A gentleman would never say.— Euan Holden (@EuanHolden) July 4, 2018
And even got a hashtag of his own trending:
Millennials let me help you- it’s #CatchingFlightsANDFeelings— Euan Holden (@EuanHolden) July 4, 2018
Since his big public debut, Holden definitely seems to be enjoying the attention, whereas his Cinderella—known only by her first name, Helen—is largely avoiding the public at the moment. But for now, Euan is soaking up the spotlight on Twitter and Instagram, as well as an appearance on the Today show Thursday morning along with Blair and her boyfriend.
Just sitting around thinking … shirtless, as one does!
The internet this week fell in love with a viral story about a woman who asked to switch seats on her flight and managed to spawn a fairytale for two other passengers. pic.twitter.com/PDMUOpKawn— TODAY (@TODAYshow) July 5, 2018
Not surprisingly, the love story attracted the attention of some pretty high profile fans:
But the million-dollar question on everybody’s mind—are Helen and Euan a couple now?—is still unanswered. Despite her hesitancy to be in the spotlight, Holden said in a video message to his fans on Thursday that Helen is being “super supportive” over the fanfare their connection has gotten. Likewise, Blair tweeted that Helen feels “positively” about the direction things are headed in.
All jokes aside, it really is only a matter of time before a Hollywood studio snatches the rights to Helen and Euan’s story. And from the looks of it, Euan seems like he would be perfectly happy playing himself in the film adaptation of his life.
Best of luck to the couple!
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.