- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help 1 Year Ago
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons 1 Year Ago
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
When a Texas woman asked a fellow passenger to switch seats so she could sit next to her boyfriend on a flight home to Dallas, she had no idea she’d be setting an epic love story into motion.
The woman, an actress and photographer who on Twitter goes by Rosey Blair, joked as she switched places with the other woman that her new seat mate might be the “love of her life.” But Blair and her boyfriend received quite the in-flight entertainment when the two strangers, sitting in front of them, actually sparked up a romance.
Blair chronicled their interactions on social media, gaining a captive audience along for the ride. The story began with Blair sharing videos and photos from her Instagram of the pair getting to know each other on the plane—and it quickly escalated from there.
Last night on a flight home, my boyfriend and I asked a woman to switch seats with me so we could sit together. We made a joke that maybe her new seat partner would be the love of her life and well, now I present you with this thread.— Rosey Blair (@roseybeeme) July 3, 2018
The new acquaintances even received the stamp of approval from a baby on board.
Young, fit, white couple? Margot Robbie and Chris Hemsworth for the film adaptation, perhaps?
A cheese plate! Meg Ryan WHO?
Lowkey, was she trying to get with his mom instead?
In an act of true journalism, Blair paid for Wi-Fi to keep her followers updated.
Facts are facts, America. Anyone who’s been on an airplane without air conditioning can agree that this is a love story for the ages.
What’s a Twitter thread without a dying phone battery?
Ouch, a bump in the road. Will he make an exception for her or will he leave her Up in the Air (2009)?
A big step in millennial culture.
Blair and her boyfriend were literally all of us reading that thread.
*Jonathan Van Ness voice* yes, Thor!
Happily ever after? Hopefully, Blair will keep us updated.
As for her in-flight Wi-Fi, that got a happy ending too.
DM coming your way. 😉— John Legere (@JohnLegere) July 3, 2018
Kristina Nguyen is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. She is studying journalism and American studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She has previously contributed to Orange magazine and Silk Club's QUIET! zine.