- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
This airplane love story Twitter thread is the cutest thing you’ll read today
This is way better than the usual in-flight entertainment.
When a Texas woman asked a fellow passenger to switch seats so she could sit next to her boyfriend on a flight home to Dallas, she had no idea she’d be setting an epic love story into motion.
The woman, an actress and photographer who on Twitter goes by Rosey Blair, joked as she switched places with the other woman that her new seat mate might be the “love of her life.” But Blair and her boyfriend received quite the in-flight entertainment when the two strangers, sitting in front of them, actually sparked up a romance.
Blair chronicled their interactions on social media, gaining a captive audience along for the ride. The story began with Blair sharing videos and photos from her Instagram of the pair getting to know each other on the plane—and it quickly escalated from there.
Last night on a flight home, my boyfriend and I asked a woman to switch seats with me so we could sit together. We made a joke that maybe her new seat partner would be the love of her life and well, now I present you with this thread.— Rosey Blair (@roseybeeme) July 3, 2018
The new acquaintances even received the stamp of approval from a baby on board.
Young, fit, white couple? Margot Robbie and Chris Hemsworth for the film adaptation, perhaps?
A cheese plate! Meg Ryan WHO?
Lowkey, was she trying to get with his mom instead?
In an act of true journalism, Blair paid for Wi-Fi to keep her followers updated.
Facts are facts, America. Anyone who’s been on an airplane without air conditioning can agree that this is a love story for the ages.
What’s a Twitter thread without a dying phone battery?
Ouch, a bump in the road. Will he make an exception for her or will he leave her Up in the Air (2009)?
A big step in millennial culture.
Blair and her boyfriend were literally all of us reading that thread.
*Jonathan Van Ness voice* yes, Thor!
Happily ever after? Hopefully, Blair will keep us updated.
As for her in-flight Wi-Fi, that got a happy ending too.
DM coming your way. 😉— John Legere (@JohnLegere) July 3, 2018
Kristina Nguyen is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot. She is studying journalism and American studies at the University of Texas at Austin. She has previously contributed to Orange magazine and Silk Club's QUIET! zine.