- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
For some reason, pimple popping videos have become insanely popular on YouTube in the past few years. Whether it’s medical professionals like Dr. Sandra Lee, or just people popping zits in their own home, it’s a craze that, for some reason, just won’t go away.
Well if you, or one of your gross loved ones, has this obsession, there’s a whole new way for you to enjoy it. You can now purchase a cake with “poppable pimples”.
The, um, masterpiece, was created by Cakescape, a Malaysian bakery that, according to their Facebook page, specializes in “beautiful handmade wedding cakes and novelty celebration cakes.” Hopefully, this is an example of the latter and not the former.
Somehow, the bakers have figured out not only how to make somewhat realistic looking zits on a cake, but they’ve designed them to be “poppable,” meaning you can squeeze them and they… well, do what pimples do when you pop them.
Below is a video of the cake in action.
Posted by 走咯 我们吃喝旅行去 on Monday, October 9, 2017
The bakery told Mashable that it’s already sold about 20 of the cakes in the past year and that demand is starting to increase.
Oddly enough this isn’t the first time someone has combined baked goods and pimple popping. A little over a year ago BuzzFeed, which loves turning its employees into test subjects, posted a video of people eating pimple cupcakes.
Bon appétit weirdos.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.