- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
For some reason, pimple popping videos have become insanely popular on YouTube in the past few years. Whether it’s medical professionals like Dr. Sandra Lee, or just people popping zits in their own home, it’s a craze that, for some reason, just won’t go away.
Well if you, or one of your gross loved ones, has this obsession, there’s a whole new way for you to enjoy it. You can now purchase a cake with “poppable pimples”.
The, um, masterpiece, was created by Cakescape, a Malaysian bakery that, according to their Facebook page, specializes in “beautiful handmade wedding cakes and novelty celebration cakes.” Hopefully, this is an example of the latter and not the former.
Somehow, the bakers have figured out not only how to make somewhat realistic looking zits on a cake, but they’ve designed them to be “poppable,” meaning you can squeeze them and they… well, do what pimples do when you pop them.
Below is a video of the cake in action.
Posted by 走咯 我们吃喝旅行去 on Monday, October 9, 2017
The bakery told Mashable that it’s already sold about 20 of the cakes in the past year and that demand is starting to increase.
Oddly enough this isn’t the first time someone has combined baked goods and pimple popping. A little over a year ago BuzzFeed, which loves turning its employees into test subjects, posted a video of people eating pimple cupcakes.
Bon appétit weirdos.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.