- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
No, this octo-rainbow isn’t real and we should have known better
Is one rainbow not good enough for us now?
Whether you think a rainbow is a beautiful symbol of god’s promise to not flood the earth or a beautiful symbol of hot gay lovin’, you’ve got to admit it’s pretty awe inspiring.
If you’ve forgotten how we should all be reacting to these miracles of nature, than watch this video again, like it’s the first time.
And if a double rainbow is that impressive, how impressed should we all be by an OCTO-RAINBOW!?!
But hold on, slow down that heartbeat, and cease that screaming. Something’s not quite right here. Multiple rainbows are indeed scientifically possible, and even quadruple rainbows have been reported in rare conditions. But eight seems a bit excessive, and indeed it is.
According to Snopes, this octo-rainbow is a fake that violates the law of physics, but we really didn’t need our favorite hoax busters to figure that one out. The Photoshopping is pretty well done, but the creator pushed it too far with that last rainbow.
It’s just too damn swoopy, man. That thing looks like it was barfed up by a drunken gnome on his way home from some elf’s 21st birthday party.
Turns out it was taken from a still-pretty-rare-but-not-impossible quadruple rainbow photo that was shot two years ago.
You can vaguely see the fourth rainbow on the right side of the photograph.
You’d think four rainbows would be enough for anybody, but some people just feel the need to see how far they can push things. Imgurians, however, were not be fooled.
Bottom line: Rainbows are already fantastically awesome, and you don’t need to go messing around with them. Next time, try doing something with fog. That shit is boring as fuck.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.