- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Today 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
No, this octo-rainbow isn’t real and we should have known better
Is one rainbow not good enough for us now?
Whether you think a rainbow is a beautiful symbol of god’s promise to not flood the earth or a beautiful symbol of hot gay lovin’, you’ve got to admit it’s pretty awe inspiring.
If you’ve forgotten how we should all be reacting to these miracles of nature, than watch this video again, like it’s the first time.
And if a double rainbow is that impressive, how impressed should we all be by an OCTO-RAINBOW!?!
But hold on, slow down that heartbeat, and cease that screaming. Something’s not quite right here. Multiple rainbows are indeed scientifically possible, and even quadruple rainbows have been reported in rare conditions. But eight seems a bit excessive, and indeed it is.
According to Snopes, this octo-rainbow is a fake that violates the law of physics, but we really didn’t need our favorite hoax busters to figure that one out. The Photoshopping is pretty well done, but the creator pushed it too far with that last rainbow.
It’s just too damn swoopy, man. That thing looks like it was barfed up by a drunken gnome on his way home from some elf’s 21st birthday party.
Turns out it was taken from a still-pretty-rare-but-not-impossible quadruple rainbow photo that was shot two years ago.
You can vaguely see the fourth rainbow on the right side of the photograph.
You’d think four rainbows would be enough for anybody, but some people just feel the need to see how far they can push things. Imgurians, however, were not be fooled.
Bottom line: Rainbows are already fantastically awesome, and you don’t need to go messing around with them. Next time, try doing something with fog. That shit is boring as fuck.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.