- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
Concerned American citizens launch crowdfunding campaign to get Obama stylish jeans
This GoFundMe wants to help our sartorially backwards President.
If you haven’t noticed, President Obama has a problem.
Yes, civilian drone strikes are an issue, but this is far more pressing than that.
That’s right! The leader of the free world has never heard of fitted jeans. Presumably, that’s a good thing. Obama’s likely thinking about more important things than the style of his pants. Now that he’s coming to the end of his presidency, concerned citizens are worried for the fashion future of our hottest president.
One man took matters into his own hands via GoFundMe, by launching a crowdfunding campaign in an attempt to raise $185 to get Obama a pair of APC jeans. “We know that the President likes jeans,” writes Hanson O’Haver of Brooklyn, New York, “and it would be cool for him to have a pair of raw selvedge denim to really break in and make his own.”
O’Haver is entirely serious about his mission. “I am reasonably confident that, if we reach our goal, I will actually be able to get the jeans to the President,” he told the Daily Dot over email. He says he’d rely on contacts and acquaintances to deliver the jeans to Obama. “Just as the GoFundMe campaign depends on the kindness of semi-strangers, so will the process of getting the President his jeans.”
O’Haver plans on including a small note instructing the President on how to care for his new jeans, as well as a receipt in case he feels like returning them.
As of publishing, O’Haver has raised $10 toward his goal. O’Haver understands some people may have concerns about his brand choice, but finds them to be a better option than Levi’s or “Japanese (or Japanese-inspired) brands.” “Spending nearly $200 on jeans is hardly an everyman move, but like, President Obama has been the most important person in the world for the last eight years. It’s fine.” Having those jeans will be one less thing for Malia and Sasha to be embarrassed about.
In other news, Momjeans is a really good Pokémon name.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'