- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
NYC runner makes her half marathon twice as fun by Instagramming hotties
Apparently Kelly Roberts’ favorite is the old dude in the short-shorts.
Thirteen miles. Several hours of running, usually by yourself. There are definitely parts of participating in a long-distance run that are—dare we say it—kinda dull.
At this weekend’s New York half marathon, amateur athlete Kelly Roberts dreamed up an awesome new way to mark time on the long road to the finish line: taking selfies with all the hot guys she overtook on the way.
The best part is that it’s pretty impossible to look suave while wearing sweatpants, a ball cap, and an exhausted expression, so well done for making the cut, guys.
Roberts managed to take a selfie with a different guy for every one of the 13 miles in the half marathon, and most of them turned out pretty hilarious. Apparently her favorite is the old dude in the short-shorts, though.
And here we are at the finish line.
Further bonus points to Kelly Roberts for managing to find makeup that stayed more or less intact throughout an entire half marathon. Some of those guys in the selfies could’ve done with some matte foundation of their own.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor