- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
NYC runner makes her half marathon twice as fun by Instagramming hotties
Apparently Kelly Roberts’ favorite is the old dude in the short-shorts.
Thirteen miles. Several hours of running, usually by yourself. There are definitely parts of participating in a long-distance run that are—dare we say it—kinda dull.
At this weekend’s New York half marathon, amateur athlete Kelly Roberts dreamed up an awesome new way to mark time on the long road to the finish line: taking selfies with all the hot guys she overtook on the way.
The best part is that it’s pretty impossible to look suave while wearing sweatpants, a ball cap, and an exhausted expression, so well done for making the cut, guys.
Roberts managed to take a selfie with a different guy for every one of the 13 miles in the half marathon, and most of them turned out pretty hilarious. Apparently her favorite is the old dude in the short-shorts, though.
And here we are at the finish line.
Further bonus points to Kelly Roberts for managing to find makeup that stayed more or less intact throughout an entire half marathon. Some of those guys in the selfies could’ve done with some matte foundation of their own.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor