- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea 6 Years Ago
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Today 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Today 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Today 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Today 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Today 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Today 10:11 AM
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Today 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Today 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
Novak Djokovic’s ball boy is the luckiest tennis fan ever
A small gesture that shocked and amused plenty of tennis fans.
Novak Djokovic may have won his first match at the French Open, but it’s his friendlier side off the court that made the bigger impression.
The tennis player, who just last week donated his prize money from winning the Italian Open to help flood relief efforts in his native Serbia, made a new friend while he waited out the rain delay on his match.
To the amusement of the crowd, he invited the ball boy holding the umbrella over him to sit down with him. What surprised him was that the boy accepted as they chatted and had a drink together.
“We waited for around 10 minutes in the pouring rain on the court, so I felt there’s something I should do and make a new friend,” Djokovic told Reuters. “He accepted the offer to sit down, which I didn’t think he would do. So he’s very spontaneous little boy, and I hope I see him my next match.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.