- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Today 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
Whether you work hard or hardly work, June 2 marks an incredible holiday that should be celebrated by everyone: National Leave the Office Early Day.
Lots of people inch through 45 minutes of traffic to get to their place of employment. Others sit on crowded trains as they head to another day of drudgery in their cubicles. Some are lucky enough to work from home in a converted room or while lying under the covers.
Today is National Leave The Office Early Day – however, our office will remain open until 6pm. 😉
— CityPark View (@CityParkView) June 2, 2016
But no matter where you get your shit done, you owe it to yourself to take a look around after lunch and, if the coast is clear, get your ass out of the office. If you’re feeling really festive, clock out at like 11am. It’s a holiday we only get once a year, so you’d better take advantage.
Today is National Leave The Office Early Day ..
Don’t get fired. lol
— Sunni (@SunniAndTheCity) June 2, 2016
Now, I get it. You may “feel bad” or whatever, but no excuses! It’s time to think about yourself for once. Not the man saying that you have to put in a full eight hours for the day. Just power that computer down, pack up your things, and
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.