- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign 4 Years Ago
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career 4 Years Ago
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
Whether you work hard or hardly work, June 2 marks an incredible holiday that should be celebrated by everyone: National Leave the Office Early Day.
Lots of people inch through 45 minutes of traffic to get to their place of employment. Others sit on crowded trains as they head to another day of drudgery in their cubicles. Some are lucky enough to work from home in a converted room or while lying under the covers.
Today is National Leave The Office Early Day – however, our office will remain open until 6pm. 😉
— CityPark View (@CityParkView) June 2, 2016
But no matter where you get your shit done, you owe it to yourself to take a look around after lunch and, if the coast is clear, get your ass out of the office. If you’re feeling really festive, clock out at like 11am. It’s a holiday we only get once a year, so you’d better take advantage.
Today is National Leave The Office Early Day ..
Don’t get fired. lol
— Sunni (@SunniAndTheCity) June 2, 2016
Now, I get it. You may “feel bad” or whatever, but no excuses! It’s time to think about yourself for once. Not the man saying that you have to put in a full eight hours for the day. Just power that computer down, pack up your things, and
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.