- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
National Best Friend Day is probably the most important holiday of the year. Unlike Christmas, which feeds into capitalism by promoting greed, or Thanksgiving, which is just an excuse to eat a bunch of fatty foods on your day off from work, National Best Friend Day does none of these things.
On this day, which officially became a holiday when President James Monroe’s best friend died of leprosy on June 8, 1820, we celebrate the person who is always there when everyone else seems to be gone. The person who understands our weird jokes and gets us home safely when we’re wasted. The only person who will bail us out of jail when we do something extremely illegal. On this special day, we should not only celebrate our best friends, but we honor the celebrities who are best friends because they’re friendships somehow mean more than ours.
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
Matt Damon not only stuck by Ben Affleck after the release of Gigli, but he was still there in the aftermath of Daredevil and Batman v. Superman. For this, he is a true friend.
Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King
These two have been friends for so long, and nothing has broken their special bond. Through all the rumors and hearsay, their friendship has stood the test of time. Also, Oprah is super rich, and Gayle knows not to mess this one up.
Rick Ross and Vladimir Putin
You might not realize this, But Rick and Vladimir became BFFS somewhere in between Rick releasing another “Maybach Music’’ and Vladimir refusing to release yet another political prisoner who dared to smear the name of the United Russia Party. Hobbies they share include jet skiing and eating edibles.
Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe
Audrey and Marilyn’s friendship was never publicized because their respective movie studios didn’t think it would be good for business. Hollywood was super weird back then.
Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey
These two aren’t friends at all, but they totally should be. They both started successful social network services that rule the world. They’re both billionaires. They’re both extremely dweeby. This friendship is a no-brainer.
Your mom and Nicki Minaj
Nothing like taking a drive in the hummer with your mom bassin’ nicki minaj. 👐😂😂❤❤❤
— Cadillac ❤ (@davis_lex) May 20, 2016
At first, your mom and Nicki Minaj were the best of friends. Finishing each other’s sentences and going on double dates with Meek Mill and your dad, they had the type of friendship that other people would die for. However, during Meek’s beef with Drake, your mom saw things from Drake’s perspective, while Nicki stood by her man while he was taking his L. But now that the dust has settled on the beef front, your mom and Nicki decided that their friendship was too important to end over something so trivial. This must be a lot for you to take in right now.
SpongeBob and Patrick
The only BFFs who actually matter.