- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick 6 Years Ago
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts 6 Years Ago
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen 6 Years Ago
- YouTuber Emily Hartridge killed in electric scooter crash Today 10:50 AM
- Is Lashana Lynch really playing 007 in the new Bond movie? Today 10:33 AM
- Trump demands apology after his racist tweets Today 10:21 AM
- Prime Day deals that’ll make you grateful for your Amazon membership Today 9:51 AM
- Netflix’s ‘4L’ takes a long road trip to the Sahara Today 9:04 AM
- Air Force says it’s ready to ‘protect’ Area 51 amid Facebook event buzz Today 9:02 AM
- Get 50% off 23andMe DNA tests today for Prime Day Today 9:00 AM
- The best Prime Day streaming deals Today 8:47 AM
- ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 is a triumphant return to form Today 8:19 AM
- Indie drama ‘The Farewell’ beats ‘Avengers: Endgame’ box office record Today 7:44 AM
- Join the Unicorn Moms if you’re sick of being judged by other parents online Today 7:00 AM
- Get the Amazon Fire TV Stick for just $15 on Prime Day Today 6:51 AM
The Pretty Colors Tumblr does what it says on the tin.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
The Tumblr PrettyColors does what it says on the tin: It is nothing more than a continuous flow of pretty colors, nominated by the Tumblr community.
It is also nothing less … than spectacular.
You don’t have to be an Art History major to appreciate the purely aesthetic pleasure in watching this continuously changing, swirling GIF of crowdsourced beauty. I want this as wallpaper: not on my computer, on my wall. Shy on the yellows, rich on the blues, indigos, and reds, this is a cyclone of sensual pleasure. If the Orgasmatron from Barbarella had a print-out, this would be it.
You can submit your own if you don’t like the ones on display and are more, say, Team Magenta than Team Indigo. Now just lie back and let the pretty colors just wash over you. This won’t hurt a bit.
GIF via Pretty Colors/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.