- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
The Morning GIF: Paint with all the colors of the Web
The Pretty Colors Tumblr does what it says on the tin.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
The Tumblr PrettyColors does what it says on the tin: It is nothing more than a continuous flow of pretty colors, nominated by the Tumblr community.
It is also nothing less … than spectacular.
You don’t have to be an Art History major to appreciate the purely aesthetic pleasure in watching this continuously changing, swirling GIF of crowdsourced beauty. I want this as wallpaper: not on my computer, on my wall. Shy on the yellows, rich on the blues, indigos, and reds, this is a cyclone of sensual pleasure. If the Orgasmatron from Barbarella had a print-out, this would be it.
You can submit your own if you don’t like the ones on display and are more, say, Team Magenta than Team Indigo. Now just lie back and let the pretty colors just wash over you. This won’t hurt a bit.
GIF via Pretty Colors/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.