- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
The Pretty Colors Tumblr does what it says on the tin.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
The Tumblr PrettyColors does what it says on the tin: It is nothing more than a continuous flow of pretty colors, nominated by the Tumblr community.
It is also nothing less … than spectacular.
You don’t have to be an Art History major to appreciate the purely aesthetic pleasure in watching this continuously changing, swirling GIF of crowdsourced beauty. I want this as wallpaper: not on my computer, on my wall. Shy on the yellows, rich on the blues, indigos, and reds, this is a cyclone of sensual pleasure. If the Orgasmatron from Barbarella had a print-out, this would be it.
You can submit your own if you don’t like the ones on display and are more, say, Team Magenta than Team Indigo. Now just lie back and let the pretty colors just wash over you. This won’t hurt a bit.
GIF via Pretty Colors/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.