- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video 6 Years Ago
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
The Morning GIF: Tumblr newcomer is already a premier shock artist
Milos Rajkovic wants to know what goes on in your mind.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
GIF artists Colin “zbags” Raff and Milos “sholim” Rajkovic don’t know it yet, but they’re long-lost brothers from a demented mother.
The duo, who haven’t actually met and aren’t really related, are Tumblr’s premier shock artists. Between Raff’s monochromatic animations of smirking scoundrels licking their lips while shoving objects into their head and Rajkovic’s faceless figures full of mechanical parts, both men have made it their business to freak you out.
“Models for my GIFs are politicians, corporate people, or just pretty faces from the commercials that we watched for hundreds of times during a day and who have no identity and personality,” Rajkovic told the Daily Dot. “So I just remove their faces to have close look at what’s inside. In some way I explore and make them uglier to give them some human beauty.”
Rajkovic’s foray into the world of freaky GIFs is recent. Since April 2 he’s posted 10 animations, with each collecting between 100 and 6,000 notes. Not too shabby for a 28-year-old from Belgrade, Serbia, who picked up GIF art in between gigs with his band, the Camaro Kids.
“I’m highly inspired by lowbrow pop surrealism art,” Rajkovic added. “I really feel the power of their work. When you see something that’s scary and funny at same time, while bringing some strong visual messages to you—that’s what I try to do with my GIFs.”
Art by Milos Rajkovic
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.