- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims 11 Months Ago
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet 11 Months Ago
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
‘Kingdom Hearts III’ is looking pretty weird already.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the long-awaited new addition to a game series that combines Japanese role-playing game tropes and some of the most recognizable Disney characters. “Recognizable” is a stretch for one of the characters revealed this week, though: a green, nightmarish Monsters Inc. version of Goofy.
Gawrsh, Goofy. What have they done to you?! Kingdom Hearts was always pretty wild, as far as official Disney intellectual property goes. It’s a crossover between various Disney and Pixar movies and the game worlds of Final Fantasy developer Square Enix. But this new Goofy is even wilder. It seems that in the third game, main characters Goofy, Donald Duck, and Sora will be entering the world of Pixar’s Monsters Inc, and they’ll have monster forms themselves.
Sora and Donald look kind of cute, fitting in with Monsters, Inc. stars Sully and Mike, but Goofy… Goofy is an abomination not fit for this world or any other. His freaky design hasn’t escaped the notice of fans on social media:
Hey, what if Goofy had a job at Monsters Inc? pic.twitter.com/CvymoGeWXY
— Jeff alberta (@Grimbuscula) February 11, 2018
it's 4am and monsters inc world goofy is making me lose my goddamn mind pic.twitter.com/n93IIfYKrl
— gay shep (@dooplighosts) February 10, 2018
Seen so many people give Monsters Inc Goofy mad shit saying it'll "haunt their nightmares" like, have you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEN MONSTERS INC?
IF I WAS A BABY BOY AND SAW THIS THING LUMBER OUT OF MY CLOSET DOOR I'D FILL UP THE SCREAM CONTAINERS FOR 5 SOLID YEARS pic.twitter.com/ZGfGdwT42N
— Clemps 🍑 (@MrClemps) February 10, 2018
Steve Buscemi is actually Monsters Inc Goofy
— DEATH B☝TCH (@Gospel_Clyde) February 12, 2018
kh3 monsters inc goofy reminds me of scooby when he drank the potion that turned him into a monster pic.twitter.com/nrMxXacE2r
— 🍄 (@jimhowletts) February 12, 2018
I don't actually care about the new Kingdom Hearts, but his Monsters Inc. Goofy just makes me laugh. Also here's an old dead meme. pic.twitter.com/by8yQtaRXx
— Neel Goodwin (@kloud_kat) February 12, 2018
"These edibles ain't shit."
*20 minutes later* pic.twitter.com/X0vKIeuHpi
— Chidden Nuddet (@Sir_Hurizzel) February 10, 2018
Okay but what if Monsters Inc. Goofy looked like this instead pic.twitter.com/sqZYx9e5C5
— Morbi (@HgMorbi) February 10, 2018
if you could just imagine for a second, if Max was in KH3 pic.twitter.com/OHLNk4FB4q
— jack (@msmp__) February 11, 2018
Some have noted a disturbing resemblance between Monsters, Inc. Goofy and notorious Star Wars Sith lord Jar Jar Binks.
Finally figured out who monsters inc Goofy reminds me of pic.twitter.com/OlAI6elE82
— bryn😽 (@bryn_alyn) February 11, 2018
Monsters Inc Goofy looks like a green Jar Jar Binks which is terrifying.
— Chris Andrews (@ChrisAndrews322) February 12, 2018
But that’s not the most disturbing thing about Monster Goofy. The most disturbing thing is that people want to have sex with him. Ah, the internet: where there’s someone (or something) for everyone.
There is someone out there that wants to have sex with Monsters Inc. Goofy.
— Joe-Joe and Kim! (@joejoehasfun) February 12, 2018
well i already saw someone draw porn of Monsters Inc Goofy so im personally cancelling this kingdom's hearts video game bullshit
— Harley (@PixylByte) February 11, 2018
really wish yall wouldnt post the monsters inc goofy porn ten times in a row while im in public but what can you expect from twitter
— just bees (@ohworm_) February 11, 2018
daddommed by the kingdom hearts 3 monsters inc goofy
— kasey (@dogcartoon) February 12, 2018
We’re not going to show it to you, but you can sleep worse tonight knowing that the Monster Goofy porn exists and that the internet continues to work as expected.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.