- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Thanksgiving is all about family. Whether you’re fighting about politics across the dinner table or rooting for different football teams, at least everyone’s together. This year, some people are starting off the holiday week with another favorite American past time: pranking moms.
In the same mischievous vein as planting a fake mouse in the kitchen, folks on social media have been texting their moms to ask how long it would take to cook a 25-pound turkey in the microwave.
Moms don’t deserve this, of course. They’ve done everything they can to raise intelligent, self-sufficient children. So it’s no wonder that mothers are losing their damn minds over the question.
Admittedly, the results are still pretty funny.
“Bon appétit,” one mom wrote after advising on the dangers of salmonella. “See you in hell.”
I asked my mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave.. pic.twitter.com/s0XRuzbgmL— Dorothy Scales (@DorothyScales2) November 15, 2018
“This is such a huge disappointment,” another said, using the worst D-word a mom could ever utter.
“how do you cook a 25 pound turkey in the microwave” if this ain’t my mom pic.twitter.com/5f4iVe2fH6— ella (@lilbabyellaaa) November 15, 2018
Jumped on the microwave turkey train and Mom did not disappoint. pic.twitter.com/U5RRO9QiFf— Emily Howeth (@HowethEmily) November 16, 2018
Of course, some moms just didn’t have time to play.
Mom didn’t have time for the “text your mom and ask her how long it takes to microwave a 25 lb turkey” challenge pic.twitter.com/6WQ1eV05mO— Justin McLeckie (@justinmcleckie) November 15, 2018
Others are too internet savvy for a viral prank.
Text your mom and ask how long it takes to microwave a turkey they said pic.twitter.com/BFs4amT3MJ— Jack (@Gene_Parmesan2) November 16, 2018
So just in case it wasn’t clear…
You: hey mom how long should I microwave a 25 pound turkey for— Caro (@caroprichard) November 16, 2018
Your mom: uh, you shouldn’t do that
Everyone, for some reason: pic.twitter.com/1h5rhPPwtQ
Everyone: “How long do I microwave a 25 lb turkey”— Chase Smith (@ChaseS16) November 15, 2018
Our Moms: pic.twitter.com/ss9psQdXI9
No matter what you’re planning to do this Thanksgiving, don’t cook your turkey in the microwave.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.