- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
Everyone’s asking their mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave—and it’s hilarious
Thanksgiving is all about family. Whether you’re fighting about politics across the dinner table or rooting for different football teams, at least everyone’s together. This year, some people are starting off the holiday week with another favorite American past time: pranking moms.
In the same mischievous vein as planting a fake mouse in the kitchen, folks on social media have been texting their moms to ask how long it would take to cook a 25-pound turkey in the microwave.
Moms don’t deserve this, of course. They’ve done everything they can to raise intelligent, self-sufficient children. So it’s no wonder that mothers are losing their damn minds over the question.
Admittedly, the results are still pretty funny.
“Bon appétit,” one mom wrote after advising on the dangers of salmonella. “See you in hell.”
I asked my mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave.. pic.twitter.com/s0XRuzbgmL
— Dorothy Scales (@DorothyScales2) November 15, 2018
“This is such a huge disappointment,” another said, using the worst D-word a mom could ever utter.
“how do you cook a 25 pound turkey in the microwave” if this ain’t my mom pic.twitter.com/5f4iVe2fH6
— ella (@lilbabyellaaa) November 15, 2018
Jumped on the microwave turkey train and Mom did not disappoint. pic.twitter.com/U5RRO9QiFf
— Emily Howeth (@HowethEmily) November 16, 2018
Of course, some moms just didn’t have time to play.
Mom didn’t have time for the “text your mom and ask her how long it takes to microwave a 25 lb turkey” challenge pic.twitter.com/6WQ1eV05mO
— Justin McLeckie (@justinmcleckie) November 15, 2018
Others are too internet savvy for a viral prank.
Text your mom and ask how long it takes to microwave a turkey they said pic.twitter.com/BFs4amT3MJ
— Jack (@Gene_Parmesan2) November 16, 2018
So just in case it wasn’t clear…
You: hey mom how long should I microwave a 25 pound turkey for
Your mom: uh, you shouldn’t do that
Everyone, for some reason: pic.twitter.com/1h5rhPPwtQ
— Caro (@caroprichard) November 16, 2018
Everyone: “How long do I microwave a 25 lb turkey”
Our Moms: pic.twitter.com/ss9psQdXI9
— Chase Smith (@ChaseS16) November 15, 2018
No matter what you’re planning to do this Thanksgiving, don’t cook your turkey in the microwave.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.