- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Today 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Today 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
Everyone’s asking their mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave—and it’s hilarious
Thanksgiving is all about family. Whether you’re fighting about politics across the dinner table or rooting for different football teams, at least everyone’s together. This year, some people are starting off the holiday week with another favorite American past time: pranking moms.
In the same mischievous vein as planting a fake mouse in the kitchen, folks on social media have been texting their moms to ask how long it would take to cook a 25-pound turkey in the microwave.
Moms don’t deserve this, of course. They’ve done everything they can to raise intelligent, self-sufficient children. So it’s no wonder that mothers are losing their damn minds over the question.
Admittedly, the results are still pretty funny.
“Bon appétit,” one mom wrote after advising on the dangers of salmonella. “See you in hell.”
I asked my mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave.. pic.twitter.com/s0XRuzbgmL
— Dorothy Scales (@DorothyScales2) November 15, 2018
“This is such a huge disappointment,” another said, using the worst D-word a mom could ever utter.
“how do you cook a 25 pound turkey in the microwave” if this ain’t my mom pic.twitter.com/5f4iVe2fH6
— ella (@lilbabyellaaa) November 15, 2018
Jumped on the microwave turkey train and Mom did not disappoint. pic.twitter.com/U5RRO9QiFf
— Emily Howeth (@HowethEmily) November 16, 2018
Of course, some moms just didn’t have time to play.
Mom didn’t have time for the “text your mom and ask her how long it takes to microwave a 25 lb turkey” challenge pic.twitter.com/6WQ1eV05mO
— Justin McLeckie (@justinmcleckie) November 15, 2018
Others are too internet savvy for a viral prank.
Text your mom and ask how long it takes to microwave a turkey they said pic.twitter.com/BFs4amT3MJ
— Jack (@Gene_Parmesan2) November 16, 2018
So just in case it wasn’t clear…
You: hey mom how long should I microwave a 25 pound turkey for
Your mom: uh, you shouldn’t do that
Everyone, for some reason: pic.twitter.com/1h5rhPPwtQ
— Caro (@caroprichard) November 16, 2018
Everyone: “How long do I microwave a 25 lb turkey”
Our Moms: pic.twitter.com/ss9psQdXI9
— Chase Smith (@ChaseS16) November 15, 2018
No matter what you’re planning to do this Thanksgiving, don’t cook your turkey in the microwave.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.