- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Everyone’s asking their mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave—and it’s hilarious
Thanksgiving is all about family. Whether you’re fighting about politics across the dinner table or rooting for different football teams, at least everyone’s together. This year, some people are starting off the holiday week with another favorite American past time: pranking moms.
In the same mischievous vein as planting a fake mouse in the kitchen, folks on social media have been texting their moms to ask how long it would take to cook a 25-pound turkey in the microwave.
Moms don’t deserve this, of course. They’ve done everything they can to raise intelligent, self-sufficient children. So it’s no wonder that mothers are losing their damn minds over the question.
Admittedly, the results are still pretty funny.
“Bon appétit,” one mom wrote after advising on the dangers of salmonella. “See you in hell.”
I asked my mom how to cook a turkey in the microwave.. pic.twitter.com/s0XRuzbgmL
— Dorothy Scales (@DorothyScales2) November 15, 2018
“This is such a huge disappointment,” another said, using the worst D-word a mom could ever utter.
“how do you cook a 25 pound turkey in the microwave” if this ain’t my mom pic.twitter.com/5f4iVe2fH6
— ella (@lilbabyellaaa) November 15, 2018
Jumped on the microwave turkey train and Mom did not disappoint. pic.twitter.com/U5RRO9QiFf
— Emily Howeth (@HowethEmily) November 16, 2018
Of course, some moms just didn’t have time to play.
Mom didn’t have time for the “text your mom and ask her how long it takes to microwave a 25 lb turkey” challenge pic.twitter.com/6WQ1eV05mO
— Justin McLeckie (@justinmcleckie) November 15, 2018
Others are too internet savvy for a viral prank.
Text your mom and ask how long it takes to microwave a turkey they said pic.twitter.com/BFs4amT3MJ
— Jack (@Gene_Parmesan2) November 16, 2018
So just in case it wasn’t clear…
You: hey mom how long should I microwave a 25 pound turkey for
Your mom: uh, you shouldn’t do that
Everyone, for some reason: pic.twitter.com/1h5rhPPwtQ
— Caro (@caroprichard) November 16, 2018
Everyone: “How long do I microwave a 25 lb turkey”
Our Moms: pic.twitter.com/ss9psQdXI9
— Chase Smith (@ChaseS16) November 15, 2018
No matter what you’re planning to do this Thanksgiving, don’t cook your turkey in the microwave.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.