- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay 4 Weeks Ago
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone chargers Today 6:00 AM
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
Hit ’90s sitcom Full House and everyone’s favorite satire show, Parks and Recreation, have combined forces in a deepfake video that is sure to creep you out.
Developed by deepfake creator Dr. Fakenstein, the video centers around the 1992 Full House episode “The Devil Made Me Do It,” in which Michelle Tanner rebels against the family.
The young Tanner disobeys Uncle Jesse by messing around in his music studio—much to the annoyance of her father Danny Tanner. But when Michelle gets scolded by her dad and Jesse, things get a little weird.
With the help of artificial intelligence, Danny turns into Chris Traeger while Uncle Jesse becomes Ben Wyatt. But perhaps most frighteningly, Michelle Tanner transforms into angry libertarian Ron Swanson.
The reaction online to seeing the young tanner sporting Swanson’s face and signature mustache was as expected.
“Michelle is so distracting you don’t really realize Jesse and Danny have also been changed,” one YouTube commenter wrote.
Many deepfake creators devote several videos to their favorite actors or characters and Dr. Fakenstein is no different. After creating numerous deepfakes involving former boxer Mike Tyson, Dr. Fakenstein has now appeared to set his sites on Ron Swanson actor Nick Offerman.
Just days prior, Dr. Fakenstein decided to give every feline in the frightening Cats trailer Offerman’s face after the actor retweeted a photoshopped picture of himself in the movie.
We can only imagine what terrifying creation Dr. Fakenstein will come up with next.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.