- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Hit ’90s sitcom Full House and everyone’s favorite satire show, Parks and Recreation, have combined forces in a deepfake video that is sure to creep you out.
Developed by deepfake creator Dr. Fakenstein, the video centers around the 1992 Full House episode “The Devil Made Me Do It,” in which Michelle Tanner rebels against the family.
The young Tanner disobeys Uncle Jesse by messing around in his music studio—much to the annoyance of her father Danny Tanner. But when Michelle gets scolded by her dad and Jesse, things get a little weird.
With the help of artificial intelligence, Danny turns into Chris Traeger while Uncle Jesse becomes Ben Wyatt. But perhaps most frighteningly, Michelle Tanner transforms into angry libertarian Ron Swanson.
The reaction online to seeing the young tanner sporting Swanson’s face and signature mustache was as expected.
“Michelle is so distracting you don’t really realize Jesse and Danny have also been changed,” one YouTube commenter wrote.
Many deepfake creators devote several videos to their favorite actors or characters and Dr. Fakenstein is no different. After creating numerous deepfakes involving former boxer Mike Tyson, Dr. Fakenstein has now appeared to set his sites on Ron Swanson actor Nick Offerman.
Just days prior, Dr. Fakenstein decided to give every feline in the frightening Cats trailer Offerman’s face after the actor retweeted a photoshopped picture of himself in the movie.
We can only imagine what terrifying creation Dr. Fakenstein will come up with next.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.