- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Michelle Obama accidentally tweets some guy’s phone number to 7 million people
Michelle Obama’s Twitter account is currently filled with photos of her hugging high school students who have made decisions about college and the evidence of her participating in a pushup contest against Ellen DeGeneres.
But on Friday afternoon, a mysterious 10-digit number appeared on her account, not unlike Sean Spicer’s accidently disclosed password from a few months ago.
What was this? The password to her Twitter account? The number of people who will be affected by the American Healthcare Act bill? The amount of money Barack Obama might charge the next time he gives a speech?
Naturally, the internet was curious.
Oh no, honey. pic.twitter.com/YVE42YBrvx
— alex (@space_odyssey93) May 5, 2017
Wait a minute. Ten digits, right? Is this a phone number?
Michelle Obama tweeted, then deleted, what appears to be a phone number. pic.twitter.com/Mng2LepSCY
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) May 5, 2017
But whose digits could they be? Sasha? Malia? The former president? Who, dammit, who?
Luckily, Buzzfeed’s David Mack has an answer.
— David Mack (@davidmackau) May 5, 2017
If it’s any consolation, Wolfe already lists that phone number publicly on his website. But it has since been removed.
As Mack points out, Wolf was also a creative digital strategist for the Obama White House. According to Wolf’s biography in this press release, he helped launch Snapchat accounts for Michelle Obama and “he leant his signature creative vision to scores of digital content, searching out new and innovative ways to document the 44th American Presidency across the next generation of media, including Twitter and Facebook.”
That’s a good resume for Wolf. And for anybody who wants to get in touch about a possible job for him, now, thanks to the former first lady, you can call him directly.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.