- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon 2 Years Ago
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter 2 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell Today 10:18 AM
- Sprint promises to stop selling location data after outcry Today 9:53 AM
- Kirsten Gillibrand announces presidential bid—and Al Franken diehards are salty Today 9:49 AM
- How to watch ‘Married at First Sight’ online for free Today 9:43 AM
- There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Today 9:00 AM
- Did Laura Loomer get duped into believing Muslims got her suspended from Twitter? Today 8:44 AM
- Here’s what we know about the Ice Sphere and Ice Storm in Fortnite Today 8:18 AM
- Who is Jigsaw, the villain of Netflix’s ‘Punisher’ season 2? Today 7:25 AM
Meryl Streep finishing song lyrics is the best meme on Twitter right now
Everyone likes to sing along to pop songs. No one more so than Meryl Streep.
As we all know, Meryl Streep has no problem expressing how she feels. Even though some people feel the actress (who holds the record for most Academy Award nominations ever) is highly overrated, Hollywood still seems to love her. Now Twitter has joined the bandwagon, turning a screenshot of Streep expressing her admiration for Debbie Reynolds in 2015 into a meme of themselves finishing song lyrics.
The Killers: It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
Me: IT WAS ONLY A KISS IT WAS ONLY A KISS pic.twitter.com/pDsShTLWzc
— erika is okay. (@erikaofthestate) March 19, 2017
Outkast: I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, ooooo
Me: I-AM-FOREEEEAALLLL pic.twitter.com/jLfNi0ghME
— invisible ✨ (@asialatrish) March 20, 2017
Kanye: "If you ain't no punk, holla we want prenup"
Me: "WE WANT PRENUP" pic.twitter.com/jW22uabGST
— Jøsé Martínez (@josemmtz19) March 18, 2017
Britney: my loneliness is killin me
Me: AND I!
Britney: I must confess, I still believe
Me: STILL BELIEVE! pic.twitter.com/VSvdcsepKK
— EMANUEL (@blingspice) March 18, 2017
They are all very entertaining, but one obvious example has been left out. Certainly, Streep would want to honor another great Hollywood actress, namely Anne Ramsey and her amazing performance in The Goonies. So here ya go:
Mama Fratelli: Go join your friends you weasels!
Me: HEY YOU GUUUUUYS! pic.twitter.com/vL4WZfxNIF
— David Britton (@lazersaurus) March 21, 2017
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.