- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 2 Years Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
Meryl Streep finishing song lyrics is the best meme on Twitter right now
Everyone likes to sing along to pop songs. No one more so than Meryl Streep.
As we all know, Meryl Streep has no problem expressing how she feels. Even though some people feel the actress (who holds the record for most Academy Award nominations ever) is highly overrated, Hollywood still seems to love her. Now Twitter has joined the bandwagon, turning a screenshot of Streep expressing her admiration for Debbie Reynolds in 2015 into a meme of themselves finishing song lyrics.
The Killers: It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
Me: IT WAS ONLY A KISS IT WAS ONLY A KISS pic.twitter.com/pDsShTLWzc
— erika is okay. (@erikaofthestate) March 19, 2017
Outkast: I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, ooooo
Me: I-AM-FOREEEEAALLLL pic.twitter.com/jLfNi0ghME
— invisible ✨ (@asialatrish) March 20, 2017
Kanye: "If you ain't no punk, holla we want prenup"
Me: "WE WANT PRENUP" pic.twitter.com/jW22uabGST
— Jøsé Martínez (@josemmtz19) March 18, 2017
Britney: my loneliness is killin me
Me: AND I!
Britney: I must confess, I still believe
Me: STILL BELIEVE! pic.twitter.com/VSvdcsepKK
— EMANUEL (@blingspice) March 18, 2017
They are all very entertaining, but one obvious example has been left out. Certainly, Streep would want to honor another great Hollywood actress, namely Anne Ramsey and her amazing performance in The Goonies. So here ya go:
Mama Fratelli: Go join your friends you weasels!
Me: HEY YOU GUUUUUYS! pic.twitter.com/vL4WZfxNIF
— David Britton (@lazersaurus) March 21, 2017
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.