- How to stream Bellator 218 for free 2 Years Ago
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
- ‘Queen’s Shadow’ is a brilliant character study into a ‘Star Wars’ fan favorite Today 7:00 AM
- Roku vs Apple TV: Which streaming device rules them all? Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Here’s what you need to know before having sex with a trans woman Today 6:30 AM
- How to spot a deepfake Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s the best ‘Game of Thrones’ fanfiction Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
Meryl Streep finishing song lyrics is the best meme on Twitter right now
Everyone likes to sing along to pop songs. No one more so than Meryl Streep.
As we all know, Meryl Streep has no problem expressing how she feels. Even though some people feel the actress (who holds the record for most Academy Award nominations ever) is highly overrated, Hollywood still seems to love her. Now Twitter has joined the bandwagon, turning a screenshot of Streep expressing her admiration for Debbie Reynolds in 2015 into a meme of themselves finishing song lyrics.
The Killers: It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
Me: IT WAS ONLY A KISS IT WAS ONLY A KISS pic.twitter.com/pDsShTLWzc
— erika is okay. (@erikaofthestate) March 19, 2017
Outkast: I'm sorry Ms. Jackson, ooooo
Me: I-AM-FOREEEEAALLLL pic.twitter.com/jLfNi0ghME
— invisible ✨ (@asialatrish) March 20, 2017
Kanye: "If you ain't no punk, holla we want prenup"
Me: "WE WANT PRENUP" pic.twitter.com/jW22uabGST
— Jøsé Martínez (@josemmtz19) March 18, 2017
Britney: my loneliness is killin me
Me: AND I!
Britney: I must confess, I still believe
Me: STILL BELIEVE! pic.twitter.com/VSvdcsepKK
— EMANUEL (@blingspice) March 18, 2017
They are all very entertaining, but one obvious example has been left out. Certainly, Streep would want to honor another great Hollywood actress, namely Anne Ramsey and her amazing performance in The Goonies. So here ya go:
Mama Fratelli: Go join your friends you weasels!
Me: HEY YOU GUUUUUYS! pic.twitter.com/vL4WZfxNIF
— David Britton (@lazersaurus) March 21, 2017
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.