- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 1 Year Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 1 Year Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? 1 Year Ago
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
Shortly after Melania Trump finally came out of hiding to go visit detained migrant children on the Texas border last week, she flippantly–nay, provokingly—wore a jacket that boldly declared on the back, “I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” Although the first lady’s spokesperson claimed that “there was no hidden message” to the jacket (of which the message was pretty apparent to anyone with a functioning pair of eyes), President Trump later tweeted that it was intended to be a jab at the “fake news media.”
So which is it? Does it really matter? Everything is terrible.
Case in point: secondhand copies of the jacket, which originally retailed at Zara for $39, are now selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay. One listing is up to $895 with 39 bids and one day left to go (at the time of this writing), while another is up to $610 with 52 bids and two days left.
Both listings say that the respective owners had purchased the items at least a couple of years beforehand. “The exact Zara jacket Melania Trump wore,” the $895 listing reads.
Sold out no longer available. Cute olive hooded parka that says in white graffiti, I really don’t care, do u? This is pre-owned in great condition, I got it from Zara 3 years ago when it came out.
The fact that former model Melania Trump, who is generally outfitted in head-to-toe couture, would wear a $39 off-the-rack jacket raised eyebrows to begin with, so this new detail that the jacket is three years old is another head-scratching detail, to say the least.
In the wake of the jacket controversy, many people have been fashioning their own DIY versions with messaging that reads along the lines of, “I Really Do Care.”
Whatever message one prefers to go with, you don’t need to spend $900 to get the lewk.
H/T: Washington Post
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.