- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
It’ll take more than a spoonful of sugar to make this cover go down.
During Sunday night’s Oscars, Lady Gaga performed an astounding musical tribute in honor of the 50th anniversary of the incomparable film The Sound of Music. Her performance was so powerful that even Julie Andrews herself congratulated the songstress on a job well done.
Perhaps inspired by Gaga, musician Andy Rehfeldt took to the studio a few days after and decided to pay homage to another one of Andrews’s classic musicals, Mary Poppins. But this rocker didn’t opt for a boring medley of “Chim Chim Cher-ee” and “A Spoonful of Sugar.” Rehfeldt put a face-meltingly wicked spin on the cheerful classic “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
So smear a little chimney soot on your face, puke up a spoonful of napalm, and get ready to thrash like you’ve never thrashed before. The only thing this nanny is serving up is pure ear-splitting insanity.
Photo via aloha75/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.