- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
It’ll take more than a spoonful of sugar to make this cover go down.
During Sunday night’s Oscars, Lady Gaga performed an astounding musical tribute in honor of the 50th anniversary of the incomparable film The Sound of Music. Her performance was so powerful that even Julie Andrews herself congratulated the songstress on a job well done.
Perhaps inspired by Gaga, musician Andy Rehfeldt took to the studio a few days after and decided to pay homage to another one of Andrews’s classic musicals, Mary Poppins. But this rocker didn’t opt for a boring medley of “Chim Chim Cher-ee” and “A Spoonful of Sugar.” Rehfeldt put a face-meltingly wicked spin on the cheerful classic “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”
So smear a little chimney soot on your face, puke up a spoonful of napalm, and get ready to thrash like you’ve never thrashed before. The only thing this nanny is serving up is pure ear-splitting insanity.
Photo via aloha75/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.