- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence 3 Years Ago
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
Picture this: You are the one and only Mariah Carey. You are a diva and you take no prisoners.
But even divas need love. So you get all dolled up for a special evening with your boo, James Packer.
You put on something special, maybe you treat him to your best gold bikini.
He lights candles, pours some bubbly. And then, to get you in the mood, he goes and puts on … Beyoncé? Oh hell no.
According to The Fix, that’s exactly what transpired recently.
“To get her in the mood last month, he turned on [Beyoncé‘s] ‘Crazy in Love’, and oh boy, was that a disaster!” an insider told The Fix.
So of course, Mariah did what any rational diva would do. She trashed the boy’s computer, throwing it out a nearby window.
The insider added, “Seriously, just trashed it. She ran out of the room screaming. So the night was obviously finished for James, and they retreated to separate parts of the house. And she had a few glasses of wine to cool down.”
Apparently Packer repeated the blunder on a separate occasion. This time with Carey’s famed rival J. Lo.
“He put on five bars of ‘Waiting for Tonight,’ and Mariah coughed out her courgette at dinner so James made a bee line for the Spotify and immediately put on Mariah’s greatest hits!” the source said.
They added, “He has learned never, ever to play another female artist in the house. It’s either Mariah, jazz, or classical!”
From the looks of Carey’s Instagram he might have better luck if he played something by The Weeknd.
But we think maybe next time Packer should try this song.
A video posted by Mariah Carey (@mariahcarey) on
We have a feeling it will do the trick.
H/T The Fix
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.