- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level 1 Month Ago
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action 1 Month Ago
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax 1 Month Ago
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU 1 Month Ago
- White House proposing ‘Minority Report’-style office to use data to predict crime 1 Month Ago
- Streamer OnlyUseMeBlade accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman Today 10:50 AM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Packers in NFL preseason action Today 10:07 AM
- Say hello to ‘antira,’ the far-right’s answer to antifa Today 9:28 AM
- Bernie Sanders proposes sweeping plan to combat climate change Today 9:11 AM
- Is ‘Save Spider-Man from Sony’ fueled by pro-Disney bots? Today 8:41 AM
- ‘Jawline’ takes a stunning look at influencers and the social media gold rush Today 7:00 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in September 2019 Today 6:58 AM
- The biggest conspiracy theories around Area 51 Today 6:30 AM
- How to listen to YouTube music in the background on your phone Today 6:00 AM
- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
FaceApp has captured the attention of the nation, but there is one person who refuses to follow the latest internet trend.
And of course, it’s Mariah Carey.
While celebrities have been partaking in the viral FaceApp challenge, in which they post photos of themselves with an old-age filter—Carey made it very clear on Twitter that this is one trend she is going to sit out.
In a tweet, she dismissed the app by using a GIF of herself with the caption, “I don’t hear you, I don’t see you, you don’t exist to me.”
FaceApp is not something I acknowledge pic.twitter.com/X2aEatobBC— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) July 18, 2019
Her fans quickly jumped in agreement with her, with many pointing out that she is ageless, and if anything, the legendary singer ages backwards.
You are an ageless legend, so the app would get confused and probably make your face look even younger— Daily Dose Of Lady Gaga (@DailyDoseOfLG) July 18, 2019
Because you age backwards— Ryan Schocket (@RyanSchocket) July 18, 2019
However, Carey has earned the right to skip one internet challenge, especially after having won the last two she participated in.
In January, for the “10 year challenge” in which celebrities were posting then-and-now photos of themselves from ten years ago, Carey posted the same photo twice, telling users that time is not something she acknowledges.
“I dont get this 10 year challenge,” she wrote in the caption. “Time is not something I acknowledge.”
And then there was the Bottle Cap Challenge from a few weeks ago, in which the singer hit a sky-high note, causing a cap to unscrew from a bottle and fly into the air. And after the singer did this, the internet had to find a new challenge.
Though, it should surprise no one that skinny legend and whistle-register queen Mariah Carey doesn’t acknowledge time or aging. She is one of the best selling artists of all time.
Clearly, she only knows excellence.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.