- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream 3 Months Ago
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
FaceApp has captured the attention of the nation, but there is one person who refuses to follow the latest internet trend.
And of course, it’s Mariah Carey.
While celebrities have been partaking in the viral FaceApp challenge, in which they post photos of themselves with an old-age filter—Carey made it very clear on Twitter that this is one trend she is going to sit out.
In a tweet, she dismissed the app by using a GIF of herself with the caption, “I don’t hear you, I don’t see you, you don’t exist to me.”
FaceApp is not something I acknowledge pic.twitter.com/X2aEatobBC— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) July 18, 2019
Her fans quickly jumped in agreement with her, with many pointing out that she is ageless, and if anything, the legendary singer ages backwards.
You are an ageless legend, so the app would get confused and probably make your face look even younger— Daily Dose Of Lady Gaga (@DailyDoseOfLG) July 18, 2019
Because you age backwards— Ryan Schocket (@RyanSchocket) July 18, 2019
However, Carey has earned the right to skip one internet challenge, especially after having won the last two she participated in.
In January, for the “10 year challenge” in which celebrities were posting then-and-now photos of themselves from ten years ago, Carey posted the same photo twice, telling users that time is not something she acknowledges.
“I dont get this 10 year challenge,” she wrote in the caption. “Time is not something I acknowledge.”
And then there was the Bottle Cap Challenge from a few weeks ago, in which the singer hit a sky-high note, causing a cap to unscrew from a bottle and fly into the air. And after the singer did this, the internet had to find a new challenge.
Though, it should surprise no one that skinny legend and whistle-register queen Mariah Carey doesn’t acknowledge time or aging. She is one of the best selling artists of all time.
Clearly, she only knows excellence.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.