- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
Man intentionally messes up his apartment to ‘test’ his girlfriend, promptly gets dumped
He was left with quite a mess to clean up.
This man thought he had a clever plan: Intentionally mess up his apartment to “test” his girlfriend. If she cleaned up after him, he would know she was, in fact, good enough to marry.
I invited my girlfriend for the first time ever at my place & I was extremely disappointed to be honest, she came this morning & left without even washing dishes let alone some cleaning. I thought this one was actually wife material but she entirely failed this girlfriending test pic.twitter.com/iCmdVcB3NE
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 1, 2018
Yes I deliberately messed my kitchen up I ain't the filthiest or untidy nigga. I did all this cause it was just a girlfriend test. Chill now
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 7, 2018
Next time y'all visiting ya mans house make damn sure y'all clean it up, they could be testing y'all if y'all qualify to be wifed one day. ❤
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 8, 2018
A quick glance through his Twitter feed shows that his kind of “wisdom” is pretty on brand.
Twitter, to say the least, was not thrilled with his advice on how to get “wifed.”
First of all, how do u invite someone to ur home with it looking like this?? ESPECIALLY when it's their first time there. U basically just told her u dirty
(I'm ignoring the blatant misogyny because, I mean, it's just tired at this point)
— Lady Ze (@_AyeZayZay) May 7, 2018
Lol and I bet she left thinking damn I thought this one was husband material but if he thinks he can live like a pig & im just gonna spend the rest of my life cleaning up after him he got the wrong one…. pic.twitter.com/yB8dzwIyj6
— Brooke (@wonderland449) May 8, 2018
But things only got worse for him (and funnier for the rest of us) when some hero showed the tweet to his girlfriend.
Some idiot somehow showed my gf this tweet and got dumped me immediately guess what I'm officially single. Congratulations. pic.twitter.com/ZHBHsWVdu5
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 9, 2018
Which just goes to show that, for all the frustration and negativity it causes, Twitter can occasionally be a force for good.
— charl✨ (@Luke_Slutforth) May 9, 2018
Well will ya look at that, she /is/ capable of taking out the trash pic.twitter.com/jgAeZWAI2S
— sᴇᴜʟʀᴇɴᴇ's ʙɪᴛᴄʜ (@chunghaneul) May 10, 2018
— Catrina Dennis (@ohcatrina) May 9, 2018
— The Mortal Institute (@TMI_Institute) May 10, 2018
As ridiculous as this man’s thinking may seem, it’s important to remember that he’s far from being alone in his feelings about a woman’s role in the world. In fact, only a few decades ago his “test” could have appeared unironically in many popular mainstream magazines. Although there’s still a lot of progress to be made, it’s nice to know that people, for the most part, don’t buy into this particular brand of bullshit anymore, and that men like this are left to clean up their own messes.
Aight now do the dishes
— D’challa (@dblit_) May 10, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.