- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Man intentionally messes up his apartment to ‘test’ his girlfriend, promptly gets dumped
He was left with quite a mess to clean up.
This man thought he had a clever plan: Intentionally mess up his apartment to “test” his girlfriend. If she cleaned up after him, he would know she was, in fact, good enough to marry.
I invited my girlfriend for the first time ever at my place & I was extremely disappointed to be honest, she came this morning & left without even washing dishes let alone some cleaning. I thought this one was actually wife material but she entirely failed this girlfriending test pic.twitter.com/iCmdVcB3NE
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 1, 2018
Yes I deliberately messed my kitchen up I ain't the filthiest or untidy nigga. I did all this cause it was just a girlfriend test. Chill now
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 7, 2018
Next time y'all visiting ya mans house make damn sure y'all clean it up, they could be testing y'all if y'all qualify to be wifed one day. ❤
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 8, 2018
A quick glance through his Twitter feed shows that his kind of “wisdom” is pretty on brand.
Twitter, to say the least, was not thrilled with his advice on how to get “wifed.”
First of all, how do u invite someone to ur home with it looking like this?? ESPECIALLY when it's their first time there. U basically just told her u dirty
(I'm ignoring the blatant misogyny because, I mean, it's just tired at this point)
— Lady Ze (@_AyeZayZay) May 7, 2018
Lol and I bet she left thinking damn I thought this one was husband material but if he thinks he can live like a pig & im just gonna spend the rest of my life cleaning up after him he got the wrong one…. pic.twitter.com/yB8dzwIyj6
— Brooke (@wonderland449) May 8, 2018
But things only got worse for him (and funnier for the rest of us) when some hero showed the tweet to his girlfriend.
Some idiot somehow showed my gf this tweet and got dumped me immediately guess what I'm officially single. Congratulations. pic.twitter.com/ZHBHsWVdu5
— The Liveman ❁ (@VJBritemanLive) May 9, 2018
Which just goes to show that, for all the frustration and negativity it causes, Twitter can occasionally be a force for good.
— charl✨ (@Luke_Slutforth) May 9, 2018
Well will ya look at that, she /is/ capable of taking out the trash pic.twitter.com/jgAeZWAI2S
— sᴇᴜʟʀᴇɴᴇ's ʙɪᴛᴄʜ (@chunghaneul) May 10, 2018
— Catrina Dennis (@ohcatrina) May 9, 2018
— The Mortal Institute (@TMI_Institute) May 10, 2018
As ridiculous as this man’s thinking may seem, it’s important to remember that he’s far from being alone in his feelings about a woman’s role in the world. In fact, only a few decades ago his “test” could have appeared unironically in many popular mainstream magazines. Although there’s still a lot of progress to be made, it’s nice to know that people, for the most part, don’t buy into this particular brand of bullshit anymore, and that men like this are left to clean up their own messes.
Aight now do the dishes
— D’challa (@dblit_) May 10, 2018
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.