- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
Yahoo! Answers doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, smart or dumb, teen or old—it’s there to help all comers with its uniquely bad brand of crowdsourced advice. If you need to know “how is babby formed?” Yahoo! Answers is your jam. But sometimes one person’s sincere question is another’s comedy goldmine.
Last month, a YouTuber who goes by “J.T. Sexkik” made a brilliant video wherein he read every misspelling of the word “pregnant” on Yahoo! Answers. And, let me tell you, there are so many more ways to misspell pregnant than you’re expecting. Now, Sexkik has returned with a new montage of mangled Yahoo! English: people who think that the Ouija board is the Luigi board.
Luigi. The plumber. The brother of Mario. He may have been to a haunted mansion, but I can assure he is not communicating with you from beyond the grave.
They also think it’s a weggy board, an ojo board, oujis board, and dozens of other variations of misspelling. This video is nearly two minutes long, and it’s entirely Ouija bastardizations.
To be fair, Ouija is a lot harder to spell than pergnate. Pregnate. Pegnent? Preg… anyway. This is what happens when people go to Yahoo! Answers before they go to Google.
Huh, that’s weird. It’s moving all on its own. What’s it spelling? U … S … E … S … P … E … L … L … C … H … E … C … K. Use spellcheck. Listen to the weggy board, people. It’s not messing around.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.