- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 3 Years Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
Yahoo! Answers doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, smart or dumb, teen or old—it’s there to help all comers with its uniquely bad brand of crowdsourced advice. If you need to know “how is babby formed?” Yahoo! Answers is your jam. But sometimes one person’s sincere question is another’s comedy goldmine.
Last month, a YouTuber who goes by “J.T. Sexkik” made a brilliant video wherein he read every misspelling of the word “pregnant” on Yahoo! Answers. And, let me tell you, there are so many more ways to misspell pregnant than you’re expecting. Now, Sexkik has returned with a new montage of mangled Yahoo! English: people who think that the Ouija board is the Luigi board.
Luigi. The plumber. The brother of Mario. He may have been to a haunted mansion, but I can assure he is not communicating with you from beyond the grave.
They also think it’s a weggy board, an ojo board, oujis board, and dozens of other variations of misspelling. This video is nearly two minutes long, and it’s entirely Ouija bastardizations.
To be fair, Ouija is a lot harder to spell than pergnate. Pregnate. Pegnent? Preg… anyway. This is what happens when people go to Yahoo! Answers before they go to Google.
Huh, that’s weird. It’s moving all on its own. What’s it spelling? U … S … E … S … P … E … L … L … C … H … E … C … K. Use spellcheck. Listen to the weggy board, people. It’s not messing around.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.