- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Yahoo! Answers doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, smart or dumb, teen or old—it’s there to help all comers with its uniquely bad brand of crowdsourced advice. If you need to know “how is babby formed?” Yahoo! Answers is your jam. But sometimes one person’s sincere question is another’s comedy goldmine.
Last month, a YouTuber who goes by “J.T. Sexkik” made a brilliant video wherein he read every misspelling of the word “pregnant” on Yahoo! Answers. And, let me tell you, there are so many more ways to misspell pregnant than you’re expecting. Now, Sexkik has returned with a new montage of mangled Yahoo! English: people who think that the Ouija board is the Luigi board.
Luigi. The plumber. The brother of Mario. He may have been to a haunted mansion, but I can assure he is not communicating with you from beyond the grave.
They also think it’s a weggy board, an ojo board, oujis board, and dozens of other variations of misspelling. This video is nearly two minutes long, and it’s entirely Ouija bastardizations.
To be fair, Ouija is a lot harder to spell than pergnate. Pregnate. Pegnent? Preg… anyway. This is what happens when people go to Yahoo! Answers before they go to Google.
Huh, that’s weird. It’s moving all on its own. What’s it spelling? U … S … E … S … P … E … L … L … C … H … E … C … K. Use spellcheck. Listen to the weggy board, people. It’s not messing around.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.