- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 3 Months Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives 3 Months Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook 3 Months Ago
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
Toddler accidentally receives a ‘Happy Birthday Loser’ cake
‘The picture of my daughter looking at the cake kills me every time.’
In life, there are winners and losers.
One 2-year-old was forced to learn that lesson a little too early after her mom mistakenly brought home a cake for her birthday that wished her a “Happy Birthday Loser” in September.
The child’s mom, Melin Jones, posted a photo of the very disappointed toddler in the Sad Sales Facebook group, along with a caption detailing how the loser cake mishap happened.
"My first post 🤗 this actually happen in September & the whole thing is partly my fault too .My daughters name is...Posted by Sad Sales, Stolen Goods, and Sketchy Services Museum and Hall of Shame. on Sunday, June 30, 2019
“My daughter’s name is Elizabeth, we call her Liz and her nickname is Lizard,” she wrote, “I told the lady to write ‘Happy Birthday Lizard.'”
Without looking at the cake, Jones popped it in her cart and took it home. She looked at the cake when she got home, and to her surprise, it was decorated with “loser” instead of her daughter’s nickname.
“I was a little shocked, but after a few seconds, I couldn’t stop laughing,” Jones told People. “I had no clue they got it wrong. I was in a hurry and it seemed like a simple enough request. I wasn’t really expecting anything to be wrong with it.”
Jones assumed the cake decorator misheard her but admitted that she should have looked at the cake prior to leaving the store. Jones said she was “pissed” at first but now thinks it’s funny.
“The picture of my daughter looking at the cake kills me every time,” Jones wrote.
Jones ended up being both the loser and the winner because she bought her daughter a whole new cake and kept the loser cake all for herself.
“I ate every bit of that loser cake,” Jones wrote.
- The Dairy Queen employee who made the viral marijuana cake instead of a ‘Moana’ one was fired
- Toddler who voted for pizza wants to understand what Trump and Clinton were running for
- Mom tries Domino’s app, accidentally orders the worst pizza ever
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.