- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
When did Matthew McConaughey go from goofy heartthrob—
—to highly respected dramatic actor?
Just kidding, we all know it was after he made True Detective. And it’s a real testament to his acting chops that he was almost able to pull off this car commerical without coming across like a total asshat.
He claims he didn’t drive a Lincoln to be cool, which is most likely true. In this case, he’s driving one to make a fat ton of cash. The implication being that if you, too, drive a Lincoln, you could be as uncool as Matthew-freaking-McConaughey. In other words, pretty fucking cool.
It’s doubtful if that implied promise could ever come true, but what’s definitely true is that you’ll never be as cool as the little girl who made this (unauthorized) Power Wheels Barbie Jammin Jeep Wrangler commercial.
Nice job kid. Keep this up, and much like McConaughey, people might, in fact, start paying you to drive cars.
H/T The Comeback
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.