- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
Precocious little girl at Disney World puts Gaston in his place
Disney, take note. We need more princesses like this.
Walt Disney World is supposed to be one of the most magical places on Earth, a kingdom where dreams come true. But unfortunately for one Disney character, that was anything but the case during a cold day in November. What began as a routine interaction with a tenacious little girl ended with some straight talk and more than a few crushed dreams.
It all began innocently enough, as a precocious girl name Isabella handed over her autograph book to Beauty and the Beast’s Gaston to grab his signature. But when the narcissistic Frenchman began dispensing with his trademark charms, things took a turn for the worse.
His thick crop of black hair and bulging muscles were no match for Isabella’s determination as she began setting the hunter straight about the true nature of his relationship with Belle. But she didn’t stop with simply dispelling his romantic delusions. After she broke the news that the Beast was going to marry Belle, she served up a warning that the beast would be coming to not only fight Gaston, but beat him.
Disney, I hope you’re taking notes. The next princess could use a lot more of Isabella’s grit and determination when it comes to serving up some real talk.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.