- ‘Watchmen’ delivers a surprisingly conventional superhero finale Sunday 10:11 PM
- Facebook ads are spreading misinformation about HIV Sunday 10:11 PM
- Military investigates students’ suspected white power hand signs at football game Sunday 9:41 PM
- North Carolina man allegedly stole $88K then posted it on Instagram Sunday 8:34 PM
- People are pissed a CGI influencer said she was sexually assaulted Sunday 4:56 PM
- BTS’ RM says he’s lost 33 AirPods Sunday 3:59 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans Sunday 3:03 PM
- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat Sunday 1:20 PM
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Sunday 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Sunday 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Sunday 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Sunday 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
‘Lion King’ and ‘Aladdin’ Broadway casts make airport nightmare worse with sing-off
Hope you packed your noise-canceling headphones.
Imagine this. You’re stuck at an airport. Your flight home has been delayed for six hours. You’re still wearing yesterday’s clothes, you’re pissed at the airline for the travel setback, the chicken tenders you just bought for $11 taste like cardboard, and worst of all, you’ve lost your headphones.
Then it just so happens that the casts of both the Lion King and Aladdin Broadway musicals are at the airport too, and they’re like, “Wouldn’t it be cool to have a deafeningly loud sing-off in the middle of this crowded airport? Won’t these sad, beleaguered travelers love it?”
Sometimes nightmares become a reality. According to Mashable, these casts did indeed have a six-hour delay at tiny LaGuardia Airport while on their way to Orlando. They also decided to make things worse for everyone.
They sing “Circle of Life.” Then they perform parts of “Arabian Nights.” It keeps going and going. Great.
Being stuck at the airport already blows, but with all the added stress of possibly missing a connecting flight or losing your baggage, you pretty much just want to curl up and die. Then this shit starts. They’re obviously super talented performers—and evidently lots of people in the airport enjoyed the jam session, since they crowded around—but is it so much to ask that everyone just be miserable in relative silence?
Anyway, hope this audience had some painkillers for that headache.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.