- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov 8 Months Ago
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ 8 Months Ago
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown 8 Months Ago
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
Earlier this week, we saw the first glimpse of the 2019 live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in a teaser poster that showed a silhouette of the titular character. That silhouette prompted a lot of debate (and memes) among Sonic fans who were unsure about the Sega character’s new, muscular appearance. Now a couple of alleged old Sonic the Hedgehog poster designs that were leaked online are adding to the discourse.
The below poster shows Sonic relaxing on the roof of a police car with a human officer (who looks like Chris Pratt). “Fast. Friends.” the tagline reads.
People on Twitter seem to agree that this design of Sonic seems improved from the silhouette:
Sonic's entire 2019 Design has been revealed through another leaked Movie Poster— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) December 13, 2018
Overall Thoughts: The shadow and legs teasers were extremely unflattering. If this is the overall final design, it could have been a lot worse. But I still need to see a trailer too. pic.twitter.com/1e9bhsZ7JK
But it’s probably outdated.
ATTENTION: This third #SonicMovie poster is VERY OUTDATED still featuring a placeholder image of Chris Pratt as Tom. Sonic's model has likely been changed drastically, as the silhouette showcases obvious differences pic.twitter.com/cqDsaGKwOI— Chew67 (@bodopbop) December 13, 2018
Yet another leaked alleged poster shows Sonic’s furry blue legs dangling over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. (It looks like a thirst trap photo on Instagram.)
Apparently this is another poster for the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' movie?— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) December 12, 2018
Oh boy. pic.twitter.com/aX8qh9jnBr
good morning twitter pic.twitter.com/VoJr41xqgj— FestiveFlalalma ❄ (@DitzyFlama) December 13, 2018
That poster has turned into a meme in which people try to copy the leg placement.
I just couldn’t get my thigh out of the shot, I couldn’t pic.twitter.com/QSKGrBpXoS— Arin Hanson, my dear (@egoraptor) December 13, 2018
I figured it out you just gotta sit leaning back not fully laying down. pic.twitter.com/r9XPpbLwRR— RevScarecrow (@Rev_Scarecrow) December 13, 2018
People are also making memes about the news of leaked Sonic the Hedgehog posters.
New Sonic movie leaks are looking promising pic.twitter.com/1477o7Q8RQ— Pyrogeist (@DJ_Pyrogeist) December 12, 2018
According to toe IMBd, the film stars Jim Carrey, James Marsden, and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Parks and Recreation‘s Ben Schwartz voices the titular hedgehog.
Based on the differing production images, it’s unclear what the final version of Sonic will actually look like in the movie. One thing seems obvious, though: Sonic’s furry legs will get a lot of screen time.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.