- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Today 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Today 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Today 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
Earlier this week, we saw the first glimpse of the 2019 live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in a teaser poster that showed a silhouette of the titular character. That silhouette prompted a lot of debate (and memes) among Sonic fans who were unsure about the Sega character’s new, muscular appearance. Now a couple of alleged old Sonic the Hedgehog poster designs that were leaked online are adding to the discourse.
The below poster shows Sonic relaxing on the roof of a police car with a human officer (who looks like Chris Pratt). “Fast. Friends.” the tagline reads.
People on Twitter seem to agree that this design of Sonic seems improved from the silhouette:
Sonic's entire 2019 Design has been revealed through another leaked Movie Poster— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) December 13, 2018
Overall Thoughts: The shadow and legs teasers were extremely unflattering. If this is the overall final design, it could have been a lot worse. But I still need to see a trailer too. pic.twitter.com/1e9bhsZ7JK
But it’s probably outdated.
ATTENTION: This third #SonicMovie poster is VERY OUTDATED still featuring a placeholder image of Chris Pratt as Tom. Sonic's model has likely been changed drastically, as the silhouette showcases obvious differences pic.twitter.com/cqDsaGKwOI— Chew67 (@bodopbop) December 13, 2018
Yet another leaked alleged poster shows Sonic’s furry blue legs dangling over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. (It looks like a thirst trap photo on Instagram.)
Apparently this is another poster for the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' movie?— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) December 12, 2018
Oh boy. pic.twitter.com/aX8qh9jnBr
good morning twitter pic.twitter.com/VoJr41xqgj— FestiveFlalalma ❄ (@DitzyFlama) December 13, 2018
That poster has turned into a meme in which people try to copy the leg placement.
I just couldn’t get my thigh out of the shot, I couldn’t pic.twitter.com/QSKGrBpXoS— Arin Hanson, my dear (@egoraptor) December 13, 2018
I figured it out you just gotta sit leaning back not fully laying down. pic.twitter.com/r9XPpbLwRR— RevScarecrow (@Rev_Scarecrow) December 13, 2018
People are also making memes about the news of leaked Sonic the Hedgehog posters.
New Sonic movie leaks are looking promising pic.twitter.com/1477o7Q8RQ— Pyrogeist (@DJ_Pyrogeist) December 12, 2018
According to toe IMBd, the film stars Jim Carrey, James Marsden, and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Parks and Recreation‘s Ben Schwartz voices the titular hedgehog.
Based on the differing production images, it’s unclear what the final version of Sonic will actually look like in the movie. One thing seems obvious, though: Sonic’s furry legs will get a lot of screen time.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.