- Cory Booker’s weirdly sensual relationship with coffee resurfaces 3 Months Ago
- Everything you need to know about gaming chat client Discord Today 8:00 AM
- Report: Your Facebook feed is still ripe with fake news Today 7:42 AM
- The 10 best movies based on true stories on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Prager University is fighting ‘leftist indoctrination’ on college campuses Today 7:00 AM
- Can ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ recover from its disastrous drama? Today 6:00 AM
- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters
What will Sonic actually end up looking like?
Earlier this week, we saw the first glimpse of the 2019 live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in a teaser poster that showed a silhouette of the titular character. That silhouette prompted a lot of debate (and memes) among Sonic fans who were unsure about the Sega character’s new, muscular appearance. Now a couple of alleged old Sonic the Hedgehog poster designs that were leaked online are adding to the discourse.
The below poster shows Sonic relaxing on the roof of a police car with a human officer (who looks like Chris Pratt). “Fast. Friends.” the tagline reads.
People on Twitter seem to agree that this design of Sonic seems improved from the silhouette:
So apparently this poster is from last year when they greenlit the cast and script. But looks like things with the cast changed. I don’t know if this info is true, but if this is what Sonic looks like, its better than what I expected! Source of the photo: @Farrisken210 pic.twitter.com/vaBkPcb5Xm
— Cy🌀 (@Cybrid101) December 13, 2018
Sonic's entire 2019 Design has been revealed through another leaked Movie Poster
Overall Thoughts: The shadow and legs teasers were extremely unflattering. If this is the overall final design, it could have been a lot worse. But I still need to see a trailer too. pic.twitter.com/1e9bhsZ7JK
— TRAFON (@RiseFallNick) December 13, 2018
But it’s probably outdated.
ATTENTION: This third #SonicMovie poster is VERY OUTDATED still featuring a placeholder image of Chris Pratt as Tom. Sonic's model has likely been changed drastically, as the silhouette showcases obvious differences pic.twitter.com/cqDsaGKwOI
— Chew67 (@bodopbop) December 13, 2018
Yet another leaked alleged poster shows Sonic’s furry blue legs dangling over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. (It looks like a thirst trap photo on Instagram.)
Apparently this is another poster for the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' movie?
Oh boy. pic.twitter.com/aX8qh9jnBr
— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) December 12, 2018
good morning twitter pic.twitter.com/VoJr41xqgj
— FestiveFlalalma ❄ (@DitzyFlama) December 13, 2018
That poster has turned into a meme in which people try to copy the leg placement.
I just couldn’t get my thigh out of the shot, I couldn’t pic.twitter.com/QSKGrBpXoS
— Arin Hanson, my dear (@egoraptor) December 13, 2018
I figured it out you just gotta sit leaning back not fully laying down. pic.twitter.com/r9XPpbLwRR
— RevScarecrow (@Rev_Scarecrow) December 13, 2018
People are also making memes about the news of leaked Sonic the Hedgehog posters.
New Sonic movie leaks are looking promising pic.twitter.com/1477o7Q8RQ
— Pyrogeist (@DJ_Pyrogeist) December 12, 2018
According to toe IMBd, the film stars Jim Carrey, James Marsden, and is directed by Jeff Fowler. Parks and Recreation‘s Ben Schwartz voices the titular hedgehog.
Based on the differing production images, it’s unclear what the final version of Sonic will actually look like in the movie. One thing seems obvious, though: Sonic’s furry legs will get a lot of screen time.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.