- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Lana Del Rey just released a new song, “Mariners Apartment Complex,” and the music video for it is making people feel a lot of emotions.
YouTube released the video as part of Del Rey’s upcoming 2019 album. Her new song evokes the same melancholy and calming sensations as her previous hits like “Summertime Sadness” and “Young and Beautiful,” and fans are applauding it.
In the chorus, Del Rey sings: “You lose your way, just take my hand / You’re lost at sea, then I’ll command your boat to me again / Don’t look too far, right where you are, that’s where I am / I’m your man / I’m your man.”
Her deep, steady, and hushed voice saying “I’m your man” resonated with a lot of people, and the line quickly turned into a meme.
Lana saying “I’m your man” with that masculine af energy pic.twitter.com/BlW3ZP1NlZ— emily Ⓥ (@parafries) September 12, 2018
lana del rey: “i'm your man”— kaitlyn (@repukation) September 12, 2018
Yo, escuchando el nuevo single de Lana del Rey— MDM (@Chowder_Ivan) September 12, 2018
"If you lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
I'm your man" pic.twitter.com/gO8CBEXhVb
Some people have gone far as to speculate what the phrase might hint at.
@LanaDelRey when you sing "i'm your man", is that a metaphor? are you really just implying that you have big dick energy? the people want to know— ashvin (@kidofcolour) September 12, 2018
lana: I’m your man pic.twitter.com/UmAhefJ4Ml— xena ✧*. ✧ (@lolitughh) September 12, 2018
Lana saying “I’m your man” is the biggest form of big dick energy. pic.twitter.com/JSx46c8bQY— ✰𝘼𝘿𝘼𝙈 ✰ (@itsAdamHall) September 12, 2018
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.