- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery 1 Year Ago
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo 1 Year Ago
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Today 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Today 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Today 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Today 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Today 12:56 PM
- Inside Dolby’s big ‘Star Wars’ retrospective exhibition Today 12:48 PM
- Amazon’s ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ reboot isn’t for you—and that’s fine Today 11:50 AM
- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas Today 11:30 AM
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization Today 11:10 AM
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos Today 11:07 AM
- Trump tries another ‘Simpsons’ defense as impeachment articles drop Today 10:52 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
Lana Del Rey just released a new song, “Mariners Apartment Complex,” and the music video for it is making people feel a lot of emotions.
YouTube released the video as part of Del Rey’s upcoming 2019 album. Her new song evokes the same melancholy and calming sensations as her previous hits like “Summertime Sadness” and “Young and Beautiful,” and fans are applauding it.
In the chorus, Del Rey sings: “You lose your way, just take my hand / You’re lost at sea, then I’ll command your boat to me again / Don’t look too far, right where you are, that’s where I am / I’m your man / I’m your man.”
Her deep, steady, and hushed voice saying “I’m your man” resonated with a lot of people, and the line quickly turned into a meme.
Lana saying “I’m your man” with that masculine af energy pic.twitter.com/BlW3ZP1NlZ— emily Ⓥ (@parafries) September 12, 2018
lana del rey: “i'm your man”— kaitlyn (@repukation) September 12, 2018
Yo, escuchando el nuevo single de Lana del Rey— MDM (@Chowder_Ivan) September 12, 2018
"If you lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
I'm your man" pic.twitter.com/gO8CBEXhVb
Some people have gone far as to speculate what the phrase might hint at.
@LanaDelRey when you sing "i'm your man", is that a metaphor? are you really just implying that you have big dick energy? the people want to know— ashvin (@kidofcolour) September 12, 2018
lana: I’m your man pic.twitter.com/UmAhefJ4Ml— xena ✧*. ✧ (@lolitughh) September 12, 2018
Lana saying “I’m your man” is the biggest form of big dick energy. pic.twitter.com/JSx46c8bQY— ✰𝘼𝘿𝘼𝙈 ✰ (@itsAdamHall) September 12, 2018
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.