- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Today 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Today 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Today 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Today 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Today 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Today 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Today 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
Lana Del Rey just released a new song, “Mariners Apartment Complex,” and the music video for it is making people feel a lot of emotions.
YouTube released the video as part of Del Rey’s upcoming 2019 album. Her new song evokes the same melancholy and calming sensations as her previous hits like “Summertime Sadness” and “Young and Beautiful,” and fans are applauding it.
In the chorus, Del Rey sings: “You lose your way, just take my hand / You’re lost at sea, then I’ll command your boat to me again / Don’t look too far, right where you are, that’s where I am / I’m your man / I’m your man.”
Her deep, steady, and hushed voice saying “I’m your man” resonated with a lot of people, and the line quickly turned into a meme.
Lana saying “I’m your man” with that masculine af energy pic.twitter.com/BlW3ZP1NlZ— emily Ⓥ (@parafries) September 12, 2018
lana del rey: “i'm your man”— kaitlyn (@repukation) September 12, 2018
Yo, escuchando el nuevo single de Lana del Rey— MDM (@Chowder_Ivan) September 12, 2018
"If you lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am
I'm your man" pic.twitter.com/gO8CBEXhVb
Some people have gone far as to speculate what the phrase might hint at.
@LanaDelRey when you sing "i'm your man", is that a metaphor? are you really just implying that you have big dick energy? the people want to know— ashvin (@kidofcolour) September 12, 2018
lana: I’m your man pic.twitter.com/UmAhefJ4Ml— xena ✧*. ✧ (@lolitughh) September 12, 2018
Lana saying “I’m your man” is the biggest form of big dick energy. pic.twitter.com/JSx46c8bQY— ✰𝘼𝘿𝘼𝙈 ✰ (@itsAdamHall) September 12, 2018
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.