- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Kristen Bell is playing Would You Rather with Reddit
Why is Kristen Bell submitting herself to the mercy of Reddit’s boundless weirdness?
Since 3:30pm, Bell has been playing a game of Would You Rather on Reddit’s r/self community as part of a contest to raise money for Invisible Children, an organization dedicated to bringing Africa’s Lord’s Resistance Army and its leader, Joseph Kony, to justice for human rights offenses.
“I have been to Central and East Africa numerous times to see first-hand the amazing work that Invisible Children does on the ground,” Bell wrote. “I’ve supported this organization from the beginning and have met and become friends with the people that Invisible Children’s work has impacted.”
So far Bell has answered more than two dozen questions touching on her upcoming Kickstarter-powered revival of Veronica Mars to whether she’d rather “rather walk in on Dax [Bell’s boyfriend] taking a shit, or have him walk in on you taking a shit?” Bell will select the best response and take that lucky redditor on a “totally platonic” date. Anyone else who donates $50 to Invisible Children will win a Bell-designed T-shirt.
Bell’s Reddit post comes two months after Samuel L. Jackson held a similar contest to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Association. Instead of playing a question-and-answer game, Jackson asked the community to give him its best original dialogue to read out loud, which, naturally, resulted in a bunch of tomfoolery from 4chan’s random imageboard /b/.
Here are some of Bell’s best answers so far.
Photo by Gage Skidmore/Flickr
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.