- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle 1 Year Ago
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders 1 Year Ago
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Today 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Today 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Today 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
The internet became aware of Knickers the massive steer late yesterday and will likely never be the same again. Knickers is a 6-foot-4 steer (a neutered male usually raised for meat) from Australia who was spared from the “abattoir” or slaughterhouse because he was simply too big to eat.
Knickers is almost as tall as Michael Jordan and weighs more than a Mini Cooper car, the Australian news outlet ABC reports. In other words, he is very big. The steer’s owner, Geoff Pearson, decided to put him to work as a “coach” for the other cattle.
“You’ll put him in a paddock and all the other cattle seem to get attracted to him,” Pearson told ABC. “Whenever he wants to get up and start walking there’s a trail of hundreds of cattle following him. We all know when Knickers is on the move.”
It only makes sense that he would be followed. I mean, look at him! I would want to know where this guy is heading.
Knickers is 194cm tall, and weighs more than a Mini Cooper. He's the largest steer in Australia! pic.twitter.com/8kNbhrnf8K— news.com.au (@newscomauHQ) November 28, 2018
People on Twitter cannot look away and it’s bringing joy to many as we near the end of the year.
If you’re feeling sad, here are some (unedited) pictures of Knickers the cow, who is just really heckin’ big. pic.twitter.com/WFyriValwI— Jeeves Williams (@jeeveswilliams) November 28, 2018
Even some celebrities are chiming in on their awe of Knickers’ size. “Damn that is one huge cow. This is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did,” Chrissy Teigen wrote.
Damn that is one huge cow. this is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2018
Many still can’t believe how big he actually is.
ME: how big can that cow actually be— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) November 28, 2018
*sees the big cow*
woah! big cow!!!!!
And one person begs the biggest question of all: “Why is that dang cow such a big boy?”
why is that dang cow such a big boy— fernanda (@FernNotice) November 28, 2018
We may not know why the steer is so large, but it’s best not to question and to just let him be huge and wonderful.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.