- Why Gritty was one of the most popular memes of 2018 Today 7:00 AM
- Kelly Sue DeConnick explores the mythic sensibility of her new Aquaman comic Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the History Channel online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Why the Senate’s First Step Act isn’t true criminal justice reform Today 5:30 AM
- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
An absolute unit.
The internet became aware of Knickers the massive steer late yesterday and will likely never be the same again. Knickers is a 6-foot-4 steer (a neutered male usually raised for meat) from Australia who was spared from the “abattoir” or slaughterhouse because he was simply too big to eat.
Knickers is almost as tall as Michael Jordan and weighs more than a Mini Cooper car, the Australian news outlet ABC reports. In other words, he is very big. The steer’s owner, Geoff Pearson, decided to put him to work as a “coach” for the other cattle.
“You’ll put him in a paddock and all the other cattle seem to get attracted to him,” Pearson told ABC. “Whenever he wants to get up and start walking there’s a trail of hundreds of cattle following him. We all know when Knickers is on the move.”
It only makes sense that he would be followed. I mean, look at him! I would want to know where this guy is heading.
Knickers is 194cm tall, and weighs more than a Mini Cooper. He's the largest steer in Australia! pic.twitter.com/8kNbhrnf8K
— news.com.au (@newscomauHQ) November 28, 2018
People on Twitter cannot look away and it’s bringing joy to many as we near the end of the year.
If you’re feeling sad, here are some (unedited) pictures of Knickers the cow, who is just really heckin’ big. pic.twitter.com/WFyriValwI
— Ebejeevezner Scrooge ⛄🎄🎅🎁❄️ (@jeeveswilliams) November 28, 2018
Even some celebrities are chiming in on their awe of Knickers’ size. “Damn that is one huge cow. This is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did,” Chrissy Teigen wrote.
Damn that is one huge cow. this is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2018
Many still can’t believe how big he actually is.
ME: how big can that cow actually be
*sees the big cow*
woah! big cow!!!!!
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) November 28, 2018
And one person begs the biggest question of all: “Why is that dang cow such a big boy?”
why is that dang cow such a big boy
— fernanda (@FernNotice) November 28, 2018
We may not know why the steer is so large, but it’s best not to question and to just let him be huge and wonderful.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.