- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI 3 Months Ago
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Today 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Today 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Today 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Today 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Today 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Today 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Today 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Today 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Today 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard (updated) Today 9:25 AM
An absolute unit.
The internet became aware of Knickers the massive steer late yesterday and will likely never be the same again. Knickers is a 6-foot-4 steer (a neutered male usually raised for meat) from Australia who was spared from the “abattoir” or slaughterhouse because he was simply too big to eat.
Knickers is almost as tall as Michael Jordan and weighs more than a Mini Cooper car, the Australian news outlet ABC reports. In other words, he is very big. The steer’s owner, Geoff Pearson, decided to put him to work as a “coach” for the other cattle.
“You’ll put him in a paddock and all the other cattle seem to get attracted to him,” Pearson told ABC. “Whenever he wants to get up and start walking there’s a trail of hundreds of cattle following him. We all know when Knickers is on the move.”
It only makes sense that he would be followed. I mean, look at him! I would want to know where this guy is heading.
Knickers is 194cm tall, and weighs more than a Mini Cooper. He's the largest steer in Australia! pic.twitter.com/8kNbhrnf8K
— news.com.au (@newscomauHQ) November 28, 2018
People on Twitter cannot look away and it’s bringing joy to many as we near the end of the year.
If you’re feeling sad, here are some (unedited) pictures of Knickers the cow, who is just really heckin’ big. pic.twitter.com/WFyriValwI
— Jeeves Williams (@jeeveswilliams) November 28, 2018
Even some celebrities are chiming in on their awe of Knickers’ size. “Damn that is one huge cow. This is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did,” Chrissy Teigen wrote.
Damn that is one huge cow. this is why I buy internet on flights. I almost saw that 6 hours after you guys did
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 28, 2018
Many still can’t believe how big he actually is.
ME: how big can that cow actually be
*sees the big cow*
woah! big cow!!!!!
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) November 28, 2018
And one person begs the biggest question of all: “Why is that dang cow such a big boy?”
why is that dang cow such a big boy
— fernanda (@FernNotice) November 28, 2018
We may not know why the steer is so large, but it’s best not to question and to just let him be huge and wonderful.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.