- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Jumpy is an extremely good and smart dog who works as a Hollywood stunt specialist by day and moonlights as a painter. His mastery of the brush allows him to spell out words or names—like, say, “Trump”—with just a little help from his trainer, Omar von Muller.
And if Jumpy paints a word he finds distasteful—like, say, “Trump”—he has a unique way of signing his work: with piss.
This dog’s work, like all art, is political.
And urine is certainly a valid, if controversial, artistic medium. Consider Andre Serrano’s infamous Piss Christ, a photograph of an icon of Jesus on the cross submerged in a jar of the artist’s own urine. Is Jumpy’s Piss Trump not an equally poignant statement about society’s dysfunctional relationship with its messianic figures?
Sure, on some level. On another level, it’s just a dog urinating on “Trump.” And for many, that’s surely enough to put the “art” in “cathartic.”
Jumpy 2016: Make America a Good Boy Again.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.